This weeks Diary was a bit full! Starting with today, David had his own appointment with B&Q, I had to go to children's ward and Joshua had an eye appointment.
So I took the non wheelchair vehicle, with Joshua and Christina, dropped Christina at school and headed to the hospital.
David tooksmaller WAV and dropped Eve at preshool then headed to B&Q.
Joshua and I arrived at hospital in good time and headed children's ward. There we were met by a gaggle of nursing staff and the Peadiatrician. I was able to borrowwhat I needed and the Peadiatrician, having asked what Joshua was there for, offered to see him there and then to save us coming back on Wednsday for his padiatrician appointment in clinic. FANTASTIC,I really do love our pead!
so once done there we head off to Eye clinic. For once we did not have long to waitdespite the Orthoptist having to walk across to the children's clinic to rescue Joshua's notes.
Also for once the news was better than we had anticipated. His individual eye numbers ere comingout the same but with both eyes together he could read an extra line! Hi close vision is not quite so good, although in testing it came out better than he was actually able to read proper text. That is in readingindividual letters he could see to N8 but to read text he had to go to N12 and N14 was his size of choice. This will have a bearing on his school work as he moves to secondary school in September. Our eyeclinic is just developping a Low Vision clinic for children, working with the VI teachers. Joshua is going to have access to this service which will be a real help in ensuring his needs are met in school.
So all in all a good morning. I tok Joshua back to school by 11.30 and passed by nursery where I could see David was already there for Eve. Arriving back home the cleaner had taken two calls. One cancelling an appointmentfor Eve this afternoon and onerequesting I ring Jonathan's SW back. David arrived home to tell me that the OT due tomorow had had to cancelas the hoist slings she was coming to demonstrate to us are not yet available! I am not yet ready to face this woman following the wrong we feelshe did to us back in January! David would rather she did not come until he has finished the Ramp and access deck. So all in all another good morning....two good mornings achieved in 5 hours and the weeks appointments have thinned out beneath our feet! I have a mountain of paperwork which I will now plan to tackle in my newly free morning tomorrow!
I do not know what the fuure holds but I am glad I know who holds the future!
Had I known those appointments were not going to happen I would probably have filled them with somthing else!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment