Wednesday, 11 June 2008

Was that me I just met coming back???

What a few days!
David is busying himself with work that should have been done for the chldren but this became danerous and so of course Daddy to the rescue! Trouble is Daddy is very stressed by the health concerns and by the lack of action by the authorities, he has a really bad flare up of his psoriasis right now which is preventing him sleeping. David is also a perfectionist so when things dont go just right then he gets stressed by that...over tired, not inthe best of health and trying to work from the timethe kids leave home to thetime they get back, and then more when the carer is here....it really is not conducive to a happy Daddy.

Tuesday I had to be at a meeting at 10 am, back to collect Eve at 11.30 then the other directon for another meeting at 1.30 and back home for the local school chucking out time! then it was Cricket practice at 6.30 and they needed picking up from Cricket practice at 8 pm..
However, on dropping J and C at the local school at 8.45 I discovered that daddy was supposed to have passed on a message asking for Eve to go to Nursery in the afternoon 12.30 till 3.00pm rather than 9.00am-11.30am. Speeah and Language Therapist and Physiotherapist were going in totry to resolve the positioning issues to help with her switch access. So swift change of plan meant after the morning appointmentI would have to get home to sort lunch and then Get Eve back to nursery drive the 12 miles o my other appointment and leave enough tim to drive back to collect Eve before getting to school for J and C. I did not getout ofmy first meeting before 11.15 am at this point i realised that i was not going to achieve the afternoon meetingand collecting children and be safe on the road or as a Mum! I cancelled the afternoon meeting.

We made the rest of he day...although Daddy's stressed being caused a big upset between him and Joshua and left a bad atmosphere hanging in the air. Cricket was a great escape for the kids and I am glad they have that.

This week is carers week in the UK! Action For Young Carers had managed to organise a Kids Out expedition fo the young Carers in this area. Joshua and Christina had the opportunity for a day atButlins instead of school...it ws a big decision....school or Butlins??? The draw back to this was getting them to the collection point for 9.30 am this morning...I had a hospital appointment for Jonathan at 9.30....a phone call to the children's worker assured us we could drop them at the office at 9AM....this would leave us half an hour to cross the town and get to the hospital...doable!

I like Sat Nav...type i the address and so long as you still realise the road signs and law of the road still apply and over ride the sometimes bizarre instruction from Tomtom then things usually work for the best! So Typing in AYC address we set off. Fantastic...we were wihin a mile of our destination when we came to a roundabout that Tom Tom said we shuold take the first exit from, onlyto find ROAD CLOSED emblazoned on a faded red board!

HMMMM Now what? Joshua ever the practical asked Tom TOm to findan alernative route avoiding the road block...and we were off in, the opposite direction!! Ten minutes later we pulled into the car park of the AYC office! SIGH!

Of course no one arrived totake responsability for the children until 10 minutes past 9...but I was relived to drive out knowing we had made it in time for J and C. Seeing how reliable Tom was I asled him for the short route to the hospital...there are horrendous road works on the main through road from one side of town tothe hospital and I hoped to avoid them. I was suitably impressed and we walkd into the Clinic at9.29....actually we followed the consultant in...not a good sign! Clinic was due to start at 9 am...sure enough there were profuse appologies that clinic was already running late and their was onlythe consultant all the other Doctors were held upon the ward!
i find this a good point...I ould rather see the consultant any time! however knowing my day was planned to the finest detail I just sat hoping those ahead of us were quick! We were seen,wehad to wait whilst another specialist was called togive an oppinion, we then had much discussion over the needs and concerns, and then we were on our way...10.52 and Eve comes out of preschool at 11.30...should just make it......I did not allow for my totally mising the junction for the A17 and not even realiseing until I realised the roundabout I ws on was no the one I thought it was....asi tried to turn left where there was no left turn! I had gone 10 miles out of my way witout realising it.....thankfully David had not realised I was intending to pickEve up and had already gone for her! Timefor a quick sandwhich and coffee before heading off to the next appointment with Rosie's SALT, I was not looking forward to this as at thelast meeting she had been down right rude and had refused to give me eye contact at all. today's meeting was slightly better and eventually we did even have a sensible exchange of ideas.
Last appointment for the afternoon then was to lookat the SLD schools 1st class....by this time eve was sound asleep...really good timing then! the staff are nice,the kids were happy, and Eve would have fun....however it falls very short of the mainstream school with her peers we want for her! I feel so sad that this too has turned into a battle.
by the time I am free to leave the school I am causing an obstruction! however three members of staff all want just one minute of my time.....each! I agree to talk with them as I load Eve into the car...anxiously glancing at the growing line of transport queuing up the lane. 3mnutes rapidly turns to10 and now there are children queuing behind me too. I am suddenl aware that there are no angry hoots onhorns, no muttering under breaths, no angry drivers shouing atme!!! everyone is smilingand chatting! AMAZING....at the children's last school we frequently encountred the anger of the drivers of the transport busses!
I drove home still musing over the happywaves asi at last drove away from the school. David was suprosed I had no brought Jonathan and Rosie wth me...I explained I wanted to get rosie's tea ready before she arrived...I also told him of the obstruction incident...he too was amazed! So when the bus eventualy arrived David teased them saying they were late.....driverand escortboth laughingly complained there had been a daft woman ina mercedes holding up the traffic!
last task of the evening was to collect J and C....I knew there was no way I could direct David back to the office so we left two carers with Jonathan and the girls and headed off together.....I was far to tired to be back behind the wheel. By 6pm we werehome and collapsed! I have not yet summond the energy to look to see what tomorrow holds! Glad though I am that I knowwho holds tomorrow!
Love and prayers to all! I think my head may not register hitting the pillow tonight.

2 comments:

Tia said...

Nice peaceful day then?

It's good to know that Eve would be happy and well cared for - at least you have an option whilst you gather strength for the mainstream argument.

Tia

Robyn said...

Wow I feel completely exhausted reading all of that! Whirlwind of a day!!! Like most days I expect!
xx