Tuesday, 7 October 2008

A Busy Day and a Look to Tomorrow

Thinking I needed to get everyone organised and off to school then home to sort things out for taking Rosie to hospital tomorrow, I Was pleased to be ready for the bus this morning. Joshua wanted to take Eve which saved me the walk to the bus so I sarted badgering Christina towards being ready...animals to feed, homework to check hair to brush etc etc. Joshua had a letter to take in to get filLed out for DLA, David was heading out to B and Q after dropping Joshua so they set off...carer left, Christina's hair done and we were off to take her....as I picked up Eve's blanket I noticed the suction still sat there! ARGHHH Eve cannot last more than an hour or so without thE suction so I rang the bus escort to see how far away they were...Goodness, they were about to ring me...Rosie had pulled her tube out! They were heading rapidly to school and needed me to get there too! Had noticed suction ws missing but felt Rosie's tube was more important...I didnt actualy follow their logic but hey ho! I dropped Christina at school and headed off to their school 12 miles away...I think I may have attracted unwelcome attention from a speed camera as I approached town...I always have a problem with the reduction from 40 to 30 at that point! Not a lot I could do about it when I noticed too late! I arrived at school and delivered the suction to class 1 and headed to Rosie's class...they were all in the hall marching! Rosie was really enjoying herself marching to the music and clapping her hands grinning from ear to ear! her one to one had sorted the tube and all was well. She showed me the bruises left over from last week! With a smile and an acknowledgement that Rosie was much happier this week! She agreed to mark the date on the calander for the next four weeks! Eventually I got home at almost 10 am...to no builder! The weather forecast had been for heavy rain but the sun was shining! sigh! David arrived home a little while later, not pleased to see no builder...Apparantly he had planned to do some pricing and ordering and planning...11 oclock the phone rang...school again...Eve's feed pump was bleating the battery was low! Another dash over to school with the charger! Arrived just as Eve was nodding off...she has a sleep while everyone else has lunch...it usually extends to 21/2 hours and I almsot wished I had gone in the bus then I could have just brought her home...She was happy though and I had gone in the car with no wheelchair place. So I arrived back home in time to make lunch for David and I, we sat to eat and the builder arrived...there have been some issues with the architect's drawings...things dont quite add up...there have been a few heated phone calls and now a new set of plans had arrived....exactly the same as the ones we have...still no measurements and no heights and no truss cross sections! Another phone call to the architect and a demand he comes out and explains things before we run into trouble with building control! David headed out to do some more on the front garden Builder headed out to build soldier brick window lintels and I set to with the iron! a little while later David staggered in looking extremely grey! Shaking like a leaf and feeling dizzy! Sat him down with a hot drink and a Mars Bar and then sent him off to bed to lie down a littlewhile! David does this occasionally...no one can explain it...but thankfully after some sugar and fluid and a rest he is OK. As he went upstairs he called back...R is coming up the path with leckey rep! I took a second look wondering what they were doing then suddenly remembered why R and J were here...Eve was due to have a fitting in her chair! I had fogotten clean about it and Eve was sleeping peacfully 12 miles away at school! I felt so STUPID! Appologising and mumbling as they walked through the door they all burst out laughing...it had taken us ages to organise this appointment and it really is quite important! But at least it acknowledged we were all human! The Physio arrived just as we were gathering our minds towards making a new appointment! Thankfully she was just as forgiving! an hour later I had to excuse myself from the conversation to make a drink for David and builder...David needed to see if he was OK to go fetch the kids...By the time the ots and physio had filled my diary with another 7 appointments we decided David was fit to get the kids and I was left to prepare for Jonathan Rosie and Eve to arrive home! Ensuring I have some liquidised mush for Rosie to eat as she gets home the phone rings...The head of SEN at the LEA ....goodness I have been trying to speak to him for two weeks...he rings just as the bus was pulling into the drive! I ask if he would give me ten minutes and ring back...he graciously agrees....now would you be surprised if I say I am still waiting for that call back????? I should have just made him wait whilst I fetched the kids in but it does take 10 minutes and I cant leave them outside in their chairs...so I hung up and waited...carrying the phone with me sat with it beside me as I fed Rosie, took it to the bedrom whilst I sorted Christina for the AYC meeting....once Christina left at 5 to 5 I decided to check my emails just in case he had decided to email me instead...he had emailed...but said he had tried to phone and I was unavailable...he had left a message on the answer phone and was just backing that up....Oh no he didnt! no message on either landline or mobile....no missed calls and there was deffinitely no ringing! How are we supposed to trust these people? We now have the builder and architect arriving at 7am...ambulance transport arriving at 7,30 and I still have not packed... Your thougths and prayers for Rosie for the next couple of days would be appreciated Also for David coping with everything at home! I am so hoping that all goes well with the builder and architect and we get some progress whilst I am away!
Big breaths!

1 comment:

heidi @ ggip said...

You are definitely one of the busiest people I know.