Thursday, 16 October 2008

The Hospital Visit...thank you Naimh!

Hi Naimh....I hope I spelt your name right! I hope you find Eve here too!

Well everyone today we went to have Eve's Back looked at again...the Orthotist had made a moulded brace to try to stop her back twisting and curving any further....it has made her back sore! It also causes a problem with her breathing a little. So we went back to see if he could make it fit any better.

When we left the Orthotics department we had to walk through the Outpatients waiting room...there we saw the most beautiful little girl having a huggle from ehr equally beautiful Mum....Now when I say Beautiful...I am not talking about beauty contests...Maimh was indeed a pretty little girl...but what I mean is she was beautiful in spirit and friendship and.....oooh everything about her was a pleasure! Eve shouted...I stopped so we could say hello and we ended up spending a good 10 mintues in chat! Naimh was interested to know about Eve...about her feed and her oxygen and her moniotor and her chair and what she liked to do and what she could and couldn't do and what I had to do for her....it was wonderful....and not once did her Mum stop her, or tell her to shhh, or look in the slightest bit awkward or embarasssed.....now that is true beauty!

Thank you Naimh and your Mum you made a stressful hospital visit an absolute pleasure!

Eve is now reclining on the sofa trying to ensure I get nothing done because those numbers you were so interested in Naimh....they keep going red and the machine makes that buzzing noise I told you about! If she doesn't stop it I may have to hold her upside down by her feet....do you think that might help???

Loads of love!

4 comments:

heidi @ ggip said...

How lovely! I guess it is a lesson learned that it doesn't take too much to brighten someone's day.

Anonymous said...

how nice to meet such friendly faces to brighten up a hopsital visit. (I suspect her name is spelt Niamh but I may be wrong!).

Anonymous said...

Hi Tina and Eve. This is Neve's Mum Kerry. It was equally lovely to meet both of you at Hospital. Neve is still asking questions about Eve's welfare "when will Eve be able to breath without oxygen?." Tonight she has said she thinks Eve "smiles all the time." With a smile like Eve's you could believe that to be true, what a happy little soul she is, which will be in no small measure down to her mum and family, she is a real credit to you. I do hope you get a school placement sorted as I am sure Eve will take a lot from it and give in equal measure. We will continue to follow your blog. Take care.

Tina said...

Oh Kerry thank you for letting us know you visited the blog.
If you comment and send your email address I wont publish it but could keep in contact if you would like.
Give Neve a big hug from us.
Love Tina and Eve