Conscious of being a miserable so and so these days I am loathe to post more misry. However I am aware that there are loved ones who use this blog as a way of keeping in touch so I shall try to be as to the point as possible.
Wednesday I had to be in Lincoln for 11 am for a Bone scan...it is aproximately an hourand twenty minutes, David had to take Joshua to school, I had to take Christina to school and both get back home to go together! Firt we ad the manic morning routines to go through to have Jonathan, Rosie and Eve on the school bus for 8.10. We were not ready when the bus arrived, David and Iris tackled Rosie into her chair whilst I sorted Eve's feed pump/shoes/book/nappies etc etc etc.
As we waved the bus off the builder was starting the first mix of the day...David stopped to exchange a few words whist Joshua ran back for his bag and belongings... a shou from the house made me hurry a little...I dont do hurry very well...Eve's bag was sat on the table...UGH! TO detour to school on the way to Lincoln was going to be tight! I rang school and explained thye were very gracious and thought they would be fine without it!
So everyone delivered to school and David and I back home with time for a coffee before we head off. Traffic was good and we made it to the hospital in good time...found the clinic and sat reading a magazine each. I was not wating long before I heard my name and went in. A questionaire to fill and then a lie down....sadly not in a darkened room but with bright strip lights dazzling me! however the scan itself was very quick...a hip, my lower spine and a wrist...and that was it! As I was getting redressed, the technician asked when my nest appointment was with the Rhuematologist...Isaid 3-4 months and she looked a bit taken aback...hmmm I suspec he may ring you or write to you rather than leave it that long!....So what am I suposed to make of that...she is not allowed to say more!
David and I managed to have lunch out alone unhurried! OK so it was only in Asda but it was hot and tasty and not expensive! We also bought school rousrs or Eve and chicken and veg for tea...home again before 2 pm....to no builder! he had obviously gone off in a hurry as the tools were abandoned rather than set down! By the time we had visited the loo and put the kettle on there were voices outside and Mr B was outside with another man! david went to investigate as they made their way to the front room door...it apeared there was a problem with the roof! Now before you get excited...not they are not that high yet but the trusses need ordering in advance. looking at the plans and demonsrations with srips of wood show that the plans are impossible tobuild! a phone call isput in to the Building control officer and is followed with clmaberings into the loft and across the roof. It was at the point that Mr B was scrambling up the utility roof and I was wondering how I would explain to his wife should he fall....my phone rang....
Joshua's School...apparantly joshua has been having some difficulties ngotiating his way around school...in particular he has fallen down the stairs on more than on occasion due to finding it difficult to see and pecieve the depth of the steps...this slows him considerably at a time when the rest of the school is gallopping down behind him! The visually impared team have been calledin and the mobiity officer is going to be going in to discuss strategies with him...probably training him to us a simple cane to negotiate the steps and warn him of other obstacles.
This came as a it of a bombshell...I had not relised how difficult he was finding it to find his way around!
By the time I had finished on thephone the necesary measurments had been taken and the order is placed. David heads off for School to fetch Joshua and head to the itchen to prepare the tea....remember the chicken we bought in Asda....shame David didnt! It was still in the car!
Fast forward to evening time....Eve has to go to Sheffield in the mrning for a sleep deprived EEG..this involves keeping herawake 2hours longer ad waking her two hours earlier....so I spend the evening chatting on Special Kids whilst preventing her dropping off...midight comes and i lay her down! head to bed and fall eventually into a deep sleep...waking with a start at 6 am....so much for two hours earlier...she is almost an hour later than her usualy wkaing time these days!
many days it is anyime from 3am...but thats just silly!
Oh well cant be helped...i wake her fully and sit her in a chair to watch tv..go start the moning for everyone else and then get her washed and dressed...the Ambulance is coming at 7.30....it'samadrush to beready and ensure everyone elseknows what they need to do. 7.45 we are on our way!
21/2 hours in transit for a 4 year old who is tired and must not be allowe to go to sleep does not sound like fun! She was a star! Everytime i woke her again shegreeted me with smiles and giggles....it was getting harder and harder to keep he from nodding off and we put the air conditioning on, the driver and I froze! Eve anaged to stay awake....we arrived in he department 5 minutes late....but they were no ready for us I kept kissing and prodding her to keep her awake...all through putting on the probes she was clsing he eyes and i was prodding her awake!
all ready, cuddled her in and she woke up fully and refused to even doze!!!
She did demonsrate a few big jerks...the strobe light really made her jump...slowing it down she giggled and laughed at it...ut it on a fast flicker and she had a run of jumps....all done!
As she was taking off the probes the technician commented that it had been worth while coming....but she would not elaborate on that...great...at least our appointment with the neuro is only 3 weeks away!
We left the hospital at 12.20...jolly good going I think! Eve eventually nodded off about 10 minues later....the woke a little while later choking badly...suctioning and dozing bcame the norm for the next 1/2 hour...then she had a magnificent choke that made us have to stop the ambulance and driver come and help! i suspect school are not suctioning enough and she is aspirating rahter more saliva than her lungs can cope with...tonight she is very bubbly and rattly.
Home again home again...builders were getting on brilliantly, Astro turf has arrived for the garden...david ws sruggling big time to try and move that...hmmm any strongmen handy???
David headed off to collect children and I waited to recieve Rosie and Jonathan off the school bus! Rosie looked very cowed...apparantly she had been very quiet all the way home...wanting an arm on her tray but no interacting with the escort as normal. Once she was out of her chair I looked in the book to see how she had been in school...very agitated, pinchy and out of sorts...I suspct a lot of seizure activity...this is her 4th week again andThursdays are always her bad day. As i am reading the book Rosie laid herself on the front room floor and had a onic Clonic Seizure! I adinstered Diazepam...it stopped eventually and she took herself to bed!
Eve has continued to be a it twitchy and chokey...rattling quite well.
Jonathan is very lethargic, not really enjying his tea, really botherd by his rash tonight, his head is a mess! he does not look good.
Christina has had a nose bleed, is very tired, was brilliant at helping Eve with her homework...learningthe letters "a" and "b"
Rosie has slept mos of the evening waking twice for food she didnt really eat..I have just given her evening meds and hope she will sleep through.
David and Joshua enjoyed some boy time in the hot tub!
I am now off to bed!
I tried to be concise!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




3 comments:
Those technicians must drive you nutty.
I hope everything comes together.
"tried to be concise" indeed!!! It's a good thing you're not given to exaggeration! LOL!!!
What a day! Whew! I think your last post had the right ides - just keep counting those blessings!
And don't you hate it when the techs look all "oh, my goodness!" - look at this test, xray, EEG, whatever...and then say, "Well, I can't really say. You'll need to talk to your doctor." Grrrrr!
I pray you get answers soon.
Alesha
hope you get the results of the bone scan and the eeg asap, its so horrid waiting
hugs on the news on joshua, that must have been a unexpected blow, i hate that...
much lovve xx
Post a Comment