Saturday, 4 October 2008

A Shopping Story

We needed to go to town today! Christina has a party to go to tonight so a present to buy. the cupboards need a little stocking and Joshua's bike has been services at Halfords. Rosie and Eve love to go shopping so it keeps them occupied on a cold and windy Saturday morning. So we head off to sainsburys....unfortunealy I think the vast majority of drivers in South Lincolnshire had decided to park there too. I drive a long wheelbase high top Renault Mster...it is not designed for ease of parking! after the second circuit round the car park I decided to abanadon that idea and park in the bus station car park instead. this meant Christina and I had to then negoiate our way across the bus station, across the car park access road and then across the aforemenioned car park!
Once we reached sainsburys and obtained the trolley we formed an effctive rolling road block around the store.
Approahing the cheese counter we eyed the wares! I ancied the Cave matured cheddar...I like a cheddar to bite back! (please note I like the cheese to bite back). The lady behind the counter aproached us and looked at me! I wited for the "can I help you"...but all I got was eye contact...I'll settle for eye contact she wasnt chatting to a colleague at least. I aske dfor a taste of the Cave aged cheddar....she glared at me again...it is a new packet...yes may i try it please...well are you going o be buying any...wel that depends on whether I like it. But you are spoiling my new packet are you going to buy any??? If I can try it and I like it then I will buy some. If it is a saopy cheddar then no I wont buy it.

Very grudgingly she opened her nice new packet of cheese...taking time to tell me that once open it will only keep for 14 days. i was so wanting to wait till she had opened it and then walk away...but it sounded nice and if it was nice then I wanted some...I had already made up my mind to look for other new packs to requst! She managed to shave the minutest sliver of cheese for me to try. it ws nice...I requested a pound! (ordinarily i would have bought at least 2 pounds but i was annoyed! Christina wanted some Mexicana...ooh that was a ice new packet too...so we had 6 oz of that...then I saw some grandma Singletons...that's a tasty cheese..I'll have a pound ofthat please...( that was a nw truckle too!) Unfortunately at thepoint she was cutting Christina's cheese Eve hadachoking episode and i hadto go and suction her and sort her out...the lady thought I had walked off and I could here her muttering to her colleague...but i couln't catch what she said...having resolvd Eve's breathig issues I wlked back to the counter where she was trying to wrap the cheese again in cling film...she caught my eye and said...Oh so did you want some of this then...how much?
I couldnt bring myself to ask forany thing else in a new packet so we finished our shopping and headed to the tills! Finding on our way some lovely tops to buy for the Birthday Girl!

at the till we had to try to fit as much stuff on the trays under the girls wheelchairs and then hang the rest from the handles...Once out of Sainsburys we fought our way into Halfords...battling to open two heavily sprung doors and revese in to the shop with rosie and then hold a door for Christina and Eve not a member of staff offered to help! However once christina bounded off upstairs to collect Joshua's bike and I sat on the edge of a basket of reduced items...6 different members of staff asked if I was OK!
Christina came down to ask for the reciept...that would be the one David gave me last night and I left under the tv! I left the girls downstairs nd went up myself andasked if they could not manage with out the receipt? the bike was just there! the man i spok to calledanothr who calledanother andthey sat discussing whether they could let me take the bike without a receipt. eventually they agreed to check my address at of purchase ec and let us take the bike. So now we had two Wheelchairs, shopping and a bike to negotiate across the car park, the access road, the bus station and into our bus!
I was glad to arrive home...allbeit with a worriesome noise coming from the bus as I drove home!
I could do with a little calm around me to recouperate this afternoon....unforunately Rosie is not set to oblige..being ken on eating the felt pens in Christiina's room, or climbing onto the top of Joshua's bed, or emptying the shampoos ec in the bath, or escaping down the ramp towards the front drive, or climbing on my lap to pull myhairand pinch the skin on the back of my hands whilst pulling my arms from the computer and hitting my shins with the heels of her feet!

And still I managed a blog!

7 comments:

Tia said...

Well done!

I am laughing at the cheese - we cleared Waitrose's cheese counter earlier and now I've nowhere to put it all.

Tia

Robyn said...

oooo i think a cheese party in the future has to be had!!!

Tina said...

Ive got the chese you bring the wine!

heidi @ ggip said...

Yes, that was quite an accomplishment!

Mrs. Denneldoff said...

Mmm.... cheese--American cheese sections are so boring compared to what you guys have over there.
I'm amazed at what you managed today! I can barely handle one kid!

Courey said...

You are a braver woman than I to brave going out with two chairs, a bike and riding the bus! You go girl!

Alesha said...

LOL, Tina! You DID manage a blog post in spite of your little helper! But after reading about the rest of your morning, I'd have NO doubt all that you can accomplish! Amazing!!!

And TOO funny about the cheese lady...so glad you liked the first one, or she really would've been a grump!!!

Thanks for sharing,
Alesha