Notice the washing line sacrificed in the name of hygenic waste!
It was deemed to dark to continue safely and so work stopped for the evening. The next morning the digger man arrived as I set off on the school run and I arrived back to scratching of heads, sharp intakes of breath and mutterings....apparantly the length needed for the drains was not enough....the trenches were not deep enough and things were looking bleak.
eventually a pit worthy of a swimming pool was dug...over 100 ton of soil was apparantly excavated and much muttering of we must have a grab lorry to take some away! we were reluctant...our garden is not level and it would be levelled with the excess soil once things were resolved. Then more shapr intake of breath as the level was not right and it was not deep enough and I had had enough! I rang the ces pit man who was horrified...apparantly all we needed were two 20 meter trenches....if this had been mentioned prior to their starting to excavate it could have been achieved easily...now we had a pit 4 meters wide by 12 meters long and almost a meter deep....it looked deeper than that...sadly I ws too distressed to measure or photograph but it looked horrific!
Fast forward another day....and this was my garden!
Those pipes are sticking out like that to allow us to Jet the Soak away should it ever block....thankfully I am assured they can be cut to ground level and capped....they look like perfect Rat Runs to me! Or maybe if the action of the sewage treatment plant gets overactive we can install a fan for the stuff to hit?????
Meanwhile back at the ranch we have had Eve's results, We have acrued 6 appointments between 9 am Monday at 5 pm Tuesday....I have made some very difficult phone calls relating to Eve's results and how they affect others...then to cap it all there arrives on our doormat today a large Brown package labelled Articles for the Blind. Joshua is now on the register of partially sighted! Oh we knew it was coming...I am not upset about it as such....but seeing it written in Black and Yellow! Just sort of hit home!
We are now running out of money big time for our building works...we have the Council and OT coming to inspect progress so far on Monday...your prayers that they agree we are meeting need and agree to release the money and maybe even agree to the bits they were sceptical of us needing would be really good! We are over budget by a significant amount and can only raise enough to pay the main builder 2 more weeks! then we have to finish ourselves. There is a lot of expense to actually FINISH...but we can get to a point of livable.
OK the kids are on their way home from a siblings day Joshua was not keen on attending...I need to have a meal ready for them by 6pm!




2 comments:
As ever, Tina, I'm tired just reading about everything you're trying to juggle at the moment. I hope tomorrow is a peaceful day for you all before the works begin again.
Tia
Wow ~ I hope things settle down for you soon. I'm sending you good thoughts and lots of prayers. Hang in there!
Post a Comment