Monday, 19 January 2009

Cess Pit Jollys

I really must get a life! I have been so excited about today...Our Cess Pit has been scheduled to go in! OK so Bio Pure Sewage treatment plant! A bit more posh than Cess Pit.....The forecast over the weekend for today, here, for the putting in of said treatment plant has become more and more dire as the weekend drew to a close and Monday morning came ever nearer. The wind and the rain and the biting wind were much in evidence as our day started...just after 5 am.
Thankfully the early riser did not need attention and so I dozed over the next hour and dragged myself out of bed just after 6 am...the wind was howling the rain was lahing and it was Darned Cold!
Carer arrived with the news " It's a wet one!" GREAT!
As we went through the morning ritual more people arrived and came in and out confirming it was wet and cold and proving that fact with leaving the door open to allow us to feel the temperature for oursleves.
At last the bus was here the girls and Jonathan on their way and we ventured out to see what was happening. Ensuring all workers knew where the rabbits graves were....I did not want to face the wrath of Joshua and Christina if by some unfortunate chance the rabbits were dug up!
I had an appointment at Joshua's school at 9.45, so I left to take Christina to school and headed straight to Joshua's. I was glad to leave the mess and frustration behind but also concerned about what may go wrong whilst I was away! However it was good to talk with Joshua's tutor and see how he was doing in school. He is doing extremely well. Art seems to be his strongest subject and he has achieved his year 9 target just one term into year 7. Maths, English and Science are also strong subjects for him however History and Geography he is struggling with. We talked about this and the Citizenship and RE scores...he needs to learn to apply himself to the topics he does not enjoy. On the whole he is doing well though and knows where his difficulties lie.
Off home again then to a distinctly muddy garden! There have been some concerns whilst I have been gone...the garden drops away and rises and the falls arent right and the hole isn't right and all sorts of mayhem....Oh and we had an apointment today with OT/Physio/Hoist rep/manual handling assessor and uncle tom cobbly and all....this was cancelled on Friday as the slings had not been made and the asessor could not come! Sadly noone told the Physio so when I arrived home he was sat here waiting for us! Not all was lost as it was good to catch up and discuss Eve's respiratory needs and he is going to talk with school about the needs for Chest management.
By Lunch time the work was deffinitely on the way and we took a break...of course that was the moment the Inspectors chose to arrive. Thankfully they are nice, on our side, wanting the work done properly without wanting to be perdantic about unecesaries. They will come back tomorrow to check the rest!
And so...the cess pit is in and settled, the trenches are being dug for the soak away and the garden....well judge for yourselves!


4 comments:

Tia said...

Ah come on, you can't leave us hanging like that with a title and nothing else! Details, details (but no sewerage photos please)!

Tia

heidi @ ggip said...

Thanks for sharing the photos. That is really funny that you are excited about the cess pit :) I hope that is is all you are looking forward to and more! lol

CarlaBump said...

Wow! Major works that!

You mean there's more??? said...

Oh dear,

Sheet pits and run offs.

It might be a good time to separate out your grey water from the sewage as some of the cleaners used these days play havoc with the bio degeneration.

Domestos may kill lots of germs but it does your septic tank no favours at all.

you also need all the rain water diverted to somewhere else too.

We have quite a complex system here!!

R