Wednesday, 4 November 2009

Footprints!

Foot Prints in The Sand is one of my favourite poems...I was reminded of it today....twice!

Our lounge floor has had big holes in it since we removed the old stair case and took the wall down between lounge and front lobby.
These holes have been a pain in many ways...it seems they make a good breeding ground for Lincolnshires largest Spiders! The trap muck, attract small items never to be found again and make moving furniture around a real pain. Roomba the hoover gets stuck on them and they are a tad unsightly to boot!

Anyway today the disappeared! Concrete was poured in and levelled off and things were looking good! Added to the lack of holes in the walls and the smooth plaster replacing the rough concrete type wall finish we have lived with for three years the room is begining to look like it could evenutally be a nice lounge!

Some areas that had been filled with the new concrete were very deep! So the concrete was going to take a while to go off! Builder man went out to his van for his lunch and a rest. David and I ate lunch then chatted about plans for the rest of the day....these included me heading off to Tesco for party stuff for a certain young lady turning 6 tomorrow! In the general caffuffle of organising persons and car keys and feed pumps and oxygen tubing...someone tripped and landed with a foot in the new concrete!!!!!

I was not the most popular person in the house!

Thankfully the leveling compound was yet to be poured and it did take out the foot print...I didnt even think to photograph it until it had gone.

Not to worry, Rosie came home from school and made a neat footprint in the nicely finished Leveling compound!
This I did photograph....however does anyone kow what I did with the lead for my Telephone???

So wordless Wednesday it AINT!

Tomorrow is a Birthday...hopefully will be lots of pictures!
Goodnight

No comments: