Still on a high from my friends Salvation last week, here...however there have also been some lows.
I heard over the weekend that the Father of one of the CdLS children we know reasonably well has died suddenly. We met this family many years ago at a family weekend with the CdLS foundation in Sussex. We did not meet often but when we did it was a pick it up from where we left off friendship. One of those friendships that no matter how long ago we last met we could just sit together and chat for England. My thoughts have very much been with his wife and son. I would ask your prayer for them. There was no warning, no hint as far as I know that there was any significant health issues for him. Justb holding the family very close in my thoughts and prayers now.
Closer to home Eve has had a bad day yesterday, starting at 3 am with oxygen levels dropping, secretions building up on her chest and an awful colour. By 9 am I was struggling to keep oxygen levels up and have to admit I started to panic a little. Not sure whether to call an ambulance or hold on till David got home I called a friend for prayer , Whilst talking and debatiing whether they could help David arrived home, Evbe choked I suctioned and suddenly a huge lump of gunk came and SATs started to climb. We rang the children's ward who gave us some advice, offered to have her in if we couldn't cope but agreed we were best placed to judge when we needed to do that. Thankfully apart from another low SATs period of half an hour she seems to have overcome this episode and although needing 4 ltrs of oxygen instead of her usual 1ltr for a large part of yesterday she has now slowly crept back down and is on 11/2ltrs currently and coping fine. We were a little more concerned than usual as there has been a confirmed case of Swine Flu amongst the teachers in her class at school. However I now am certain this was not anything to do with yesterday as she has deffinitely come over the worst and improving already.
Your prayers are also needed for our carer situation. We have a carer coming this evening to do a trial shift. Please pray that this works out and she wants to take the post of evening carer permanently. We so need to have a regular carer who can make a relationship[ with Rosie and meet ALL her needs. Someone who will not be put off by the behavioural issues, someone who will be able to love Rosie throughout all her personality.
Prayers will also be appreciated for David as he goes to see the Dermatologist on Thursday. David has psoriasis that has flared really badly in recent months, It is causing him a lot of discomfort and affecting his sleep. Nothing the GP has prescribed has had any lasting effect and David is really suffering physically and emotionally from this. We really long for a treatment that will give him lasting relief if not cure from this problem.
I will leave you with a picture from Saturday. The little boy in the picture is a friend of Eve's from Sunday School. He spent ages blowing bubbles for her at her party. Her face was a mirror image of his...the joy and friendship they share is so evident in the smiles that extend right through to the eyes!




3 comments:
Thinking of you Tina, I haven't been able to email as I realised I don't have your email address!!! xxx
tdlhillier@yahoo.com.au
Hope Eve is feeling better. Praying for you friend and her son.
Post a Comment