Thursday, 19 November 2009

A new Teenager on the Block!







13 years ago a Miracle happened. After many years of infertility problems, miscarriage and a still birth God granted us our own home grown baby boy!

Joshua James Hillier made his appearance by emergency caesarean section at 8.05 pm on 20th November 1996.
Tomorrow he will turn 13! I wish I was able to post some photos of him through the years but I dont have many to hand...and have no scanner available with the house all upside down. He was a gorgeous baby, an inquisitive toddler and a serious little boy. He has grown into a loyal friend, a much loved brother and a son to be proud of.

I think my proudest moment was the day of his Baptism in May last year. I am so glad my Dad was able to be here and to assist in the Baptistry. Joshua was very pleased to have Grandad there.

Still a serious child at times he has a hidden sense of humour that catches folk out at times. He also keeps things close to himself and it is hard to know how deeply things have affected him. I am concerned about his emotional well being in this as he does not always share the things that worry him.

Joshua's dearest wish at the moment is to be accepted for a Guide Dog. He has asked the question of the Low Vision Team, they are going to talk with the Guide Dog Officer and we will see. I think it would be great for his self esteem, his confidence and his independance. But he will be one of the youngest to even be considered.

Tomorrow, we will not be able to share Joshua's birthday with him as we have to take Rosie to Nottingham, for her Gastrointestinal investigations. We have to be on the ward for 7.30 am so need to leave home around 6 am at the absolute latest. This means Joshua will barely see us and the opening of presents will either be hurried or done without us.

I have some secrets and suprises though that we will save till we get home. Please pray this remains a daycase...to have to stay overnight will be difficult for us and unhappy for Joshua.

Happy Birthday Joshua, we love you Very Much!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday Joshua (and hope tomorrow goes smoothly for you)

Tia said...

Happy Birthday Joshua and very many happy returns of the day.
love,
Tia