Sunday, 11 October 2009

Delight?

This is a subject I faced a few years ago and struggled with a lot! Not with the truth or the reality or the need but with actually Delighting!

Psalm 40 verse 8 says

I delight to do thy will, O my God: yea, thy law is within my heart.

Isnt it easy as a Christian to look at a challenge and say:-
Well Lord if this is really your will for my life then please give me the strength Grace and wherewithall to carry it out.

But the psalmist is saying we dont grumble moan and whinge because things are tough but we are doing it because we know it is the Lord's will for us...NO! He is telling us to delight in what we are doing because it is the Lord's Will!

I delight to do Thy Will Oh Lord!

Tough one that!

there are two things I am certain of right now.

I am where the Lord wants me to be doing what He wants me to do!

and

My Life is so tough right now I am really struggling to keep going!

doesnt quite sound like I am delighting to do His will does it?

In Church this morning we read in Thessalonians chapter 4

13 Brothers, we do not want you to be ignorant about those who fall asleep, or to grieve like the rest of men, who have no hope.
14 We believe that Jesus died and rose again and so we believe that God will bring with Jesus those who have fallen asleep in him.
15 According to the Lord's own word, we tell you that we who are still alive, who are left till the coming of the Lord, will certainly not precede those who have fallen asleep.
16 For the Lord himself will come down from heaven, with a loud command, with the voice of the archangel and with the trumpet call of God, and the dead in Christ will rise first.
17 After that, we who are still alive and are left will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And so we will be with the Lord for ever.
18 Therefore encourage each other with these words

As I was listening to the Minister read these words my mind was wandering slightly, looking at Eve barely able to open her eyes on many days, sleeping away her life. (Even when she cant manage the energy to open her eyes though she still pulls out of the bag a magical smile to let you know she knows you are there!)
I was also mentally whisked the hundreds of miles to Cornwall where my Dad is living out his last days before, with much longing and desire, He meets His Lord and Saviour face to face. I was also given a wonderful Vision of Luke and my Friends Daughter greeting each of them and showing them around Heaven with much excitement and glee. Both with a mischeivous twinkle and a face splitting grin and a shriek of greeting and welcome.

I was aware very much of the perfectness of God's time, of the fact that I had been "daydreaming" long enough to really have these thoughts and vision and peace and tears in equal measure yet not miss one word of the scripture.

No I would not grieve without hope....that doesnt mean I cant grieve though does it? Because much as I know this is God's plan and it is perfect I dont want to let either of them go....and if I am being honest I would still like to be able to hug and exchange grins with Luke and Goldie too!
And we will not preceed those who have fallen asleep....ie died first.....into The Lords presence....and again I believe this is an amazing thing about God's being outside of our time....Jesus said to the thief on the cross beside him....This Day you will be with me in paradise....yet Thessalonians says at the second coming the dead in Christ shall rise first! Hey I dont need to understand it....believing by faith is good enough!

So Jesus is coming again....there is no doubt! JESUS IS COMING AGAIN!

So with the Loud Proclamation of the Arch Angel and with the Trumpet Call of God Jesus will appear in the Air to call His Own home!

Who will be amongst those rising up in the air to meet with Him????
I know for sure I will!

Basically we have two options! We can either accept the free gift...no strings attatched, God says if you want to come then it's up to you!

Accept The Jesus is God's Son....believe it...

Accept that He died for you...thank Him and say sorry for all you have done wrong and continue to do wrong and may well do wrong in the future.....whilst trying your best to keep on the right path.

Roman's 10 and 9 puts it a bit simpler than me so why let me prattle on listen to this:-

9 That if you confess with your mouth, Jesus is Lord, and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.

Jesus delighted to do His Fathers Will. That Will of His Fathers took him to Calvary.

Yet even though we know He delighted to do that will....and look at what He left behind knwoing what was ahead! We still read that in Gethsemane He was so troubled with the plans ahead of Him He sweated great drops of blood.

I take comfort from Jesus night in Gethsemane, comfort that in my own fear and anxiety and distress I am not sinning! It is not wrong of me to grieve, for my Dad, for my daughter, for my sons already gone from this life.....I am not grieving without hope. I have a sure and certain hope that I will see them all again....and that in the presence of My Lord and Saviour!

I delight to do Thy will oh Lord????

Well I promise to keep trying to find the delight....I promise to keep pondering on the delights of the hope of Thy Will in my life.

Romans 8v18:- I consider that our present sufferings are not worth comparing with the glory that will be revealed in us.

For I know Whom I have believed
and am persuaded
that He is able
To keep that, which I've comitted
Unto Him against that day!

Tomorrows Blog may be Pumpkin based....much of what we have eaten this weekend has been!
With love

3 comments:

Tia said...

Thanks, Tina...I shall be thinking this through myself this week too
Tia

Sara x said...

Strange but my thinking has been in the same area as you this week although i dont know the bible as well as you i have been trying to find my faith and courage to hand myself over to god with complete faith. Thanks for sharing this post x

Alesha said...

Tina, thank you for this beautiful post. You have laid out salvation in such a simple way, and then also the Christian walk that springs out of that salvation. Wonderfully put. Thanks for sharing your thoughts on this.

Alesha