Friday, 2 October 2009

Face Ache Explained

My fear of the dentist wsa outdone by the pain in my face. I almost succombed yesterday but a call from school on route to the local hospital to enquire about emergency dentists proved too big a distraction so I diverted to school and chickened out on th edentist.
The fact that I succumbed to Morphine and Co=Dydromol to sink into some blissful much needed sleep last night challenged my resolve enough to ring the dental access clinic in Peterborough and head off there this morning.

Now maybe the fact that the dentist could see it was a tooth on my right side that was the problem shows how swollen my face is. Anyway she had a quick look with a mirror and poke with a dentists poking stick and confirmed it was the tooth on the top right. An X Ray was in order to check the inside story...and what a story it told. Apparantly I have an abcess extending into the sinus and up into the eye socket...well at least I know I wasnt imagining the pain then!

So a pile of antibiotics and a referal to the hospital for a General Aneasthetic and hopefully the problem will ultimately go away!
Whose taking bets the appointment will come on 20th November along with everything else!

1 comment:

Sara x said...

The famous quote " I know God will not give me anything I can't handle. I just wish that He didn't trust me so much.
Mother Teresa " is really staying with me this week, then reading your blog i feel maybe i will share it with you. Ouch in the tooth, i do hope your appointment comes in alot sooner than the 20th.