Dont forget to vote for Jody!
Been a strange few days...cold and chesty bugs are rife, Christina has had a horrid case of tonsilitis and Dr felt she was best staying off school the rest of the week from Wednesday.
Eve has been having trouble with excess secretions, needing lots of suction and an increase in oxygen flow.
Amidst all this Joshua's excitement was building all week to his French trip. He had to be at school at 3 am on Friday. so he and David headed to bed for 8 pm whilst I dealt with the evening medicines and bedtime routine for the others. Setting the alarm on my phone for 1.30 am I settled in my temporary bed with my book. I must have gone off to sleep quite quickly and the phone alarm woke me with a jolt at 1.30, It was loud enough to wake Joshua too and by the time the kettle boiled he was down seeking out breakfast. I made him sandwhices and filled his sandwich bag with penguins and cake and biscuit and crisps...made him some squash and went through the things he needed.
At 2.30 David and Joshua headed off to school and I settled back down with my prayer list. A lot of friends with very sick kids right now and so much to pray for And then I settled back with my book to wait for David coming back. Hoping that Joshua has a great time and longing for Tuesday evening when he arrives safely home.
Friday was a long slow day, both of us really tired, Christina feeling better. Christina made the most of being home and used her school cookery lesson to make us lunch. Gammon Mushroom and sweetcorn cous cous with wraps...it was very good. With Joshua heading for France and Christina home there was no school run and so we were able to sit and chill before the girls bus brought them home.
And so this morning, after a night of choking Eve, coughing Mum, suction on overdrive for Eve and sipping water for Mum resulting in needing the little girls room at 4am...slipping then into a dreamfilled sleep until Rosie started waking at 5.45...hoping she may amuse herself a while I tried my best to doze until the kicking and banging ensured I got up and made breakfast at 6.30ish.
Mind you she didnt eat much breakfast at first, more interested in retrieving her bricks from around the lounge and bedroom and making as much noise as possible in gathering them together to throw across the lounge!
Oh well! My aims for the day were to get out to B and Q to look for wallpaper for Eve's bedroom and to take a disc of the buuld in progress pictures to the solicitor to forward to the Surveyor so he can see what happend beneath the build that has now been finished by someone else.
So once Carer arrived and David had measured up waht we needed it was load the girls in the bus and Iris and I set off to do battle with the Saturday morning DIYers.
Eve enjoyed looking at the paper...predictably we have ended up with some Winnie the Pooh and much Pink and lots of smiles!
A quick dash to Tesco for Milk and Bread, a couple of bottles of coke and some nice sandwhich fillers jumped in the trolley too and we headed home for lunch.
A quiet afternoon, some washing done and a little tidying done, A lovely Prawn paella for tea and now it is wind down to bed time. Suction back on overtime for Eve and I am thinking the gloop is not so clear tonight...go away bugs!!!!!
Ooooh for sleeep, some nice undistrurbed sleep for more than a couole of hours.please?
With Joshua off enjoying himself in France we are off out for lunch tomorrow at Jonathan and Christina's request. Have to say I am looking forward to that.
Night




1 comment:
You have gone quiet.
Feels ominous...
R
Post a Comment