Saturday, 12 July 2008

Another of those 40 minute nights

The day did not get of to a good start! To early for one hing...Eve had not done badly really in comparison. I suppose it is aother one of those clues to having a chronically sick child when you feel onlybeing up twice and woken half a dozen extratimes to be a decentish night!

Rosie as awake but playing Eve was awake but grumpy so I decided to bring grumpy out and leave playing to amuse herself for a while. Made a coffee to drag myself into functionality. By the time the carer arrived at just before 7 eeryone was up and into full breakfast mode! I took the opporunity to dress Eve whilst carer fed Rosie and prevented Rosie feeding the carpet. Mission accomplished by both of us by ten past 7! wrestling Rosie into clothes was a different matter and David decidedif he ended up with Rosie home whilst I was in hospital she wouldgo to school in pyjamams and clothes in a bag! Anyay we anaged it before the bus arrived and once safel on her way toschool we collapsed into more coffee. Carer kindly sewed more velcro onto Christina's lunch bag. whilst I did hairs etc. Everyone was ready and organised for school....well almost! Having askedhim 3 times did he have everything and being assured he did, I was a tad anoyed to find the disc of photographs he had produced from the previous days trip was still at home!

Once children were safely delivered I found myself heading home with a few unexpected hours to myself. Having planned an appointment with th ministers wife into my appointments calendar as an immovable appointment...taking Tia's advice!.....sadly it had been canceled due to unavoidable circumstances. SoI found myself sorting other issues via email....doesthat coun as doing paperwork? OT's visit for next Tuesdy is arranged! Wonder whether she reads this blog and already knows we took action? I am ken now to see her reaction!

Despite dire weather forecasts to the contrary we were blesse wih blue skies and sunshine...I managed to get the washing on the line, no mean feat when it is painful to squeese a peg or lift your arms but I did it! The sushine was welcome for another reason though. Joshua and Christina's school had sports day. Their school is federated to another smallvillage school 10 miles away and they ofen join together for their events, this time it was being held at the other school. It is unheard of inour experience to have a forecast forrain on sports day and then get beauitiful sunshine, praise God today we did! Actually as wewere planning to leave home there was a sudden darkening of the sky and a down pour! However it is often the case that we get a shower hear whilst a short distance away in a neighbouring vilage they dont, and so we left hoping it would not last! Our hopes were fulfilled and the afternoon progressed amidst much sunshine and smiles....unortunately it was rather windy which caused Eve some breathing issues but a sheltered corner and some oxygen soon had her OK! Have to say i am not toosure onDavid's management of sats monitoring skills! With alarm buzzing and numbers falling I went for Oxygen....David's solution??? turn it off! Well i made the teacher giggle anyway! (they did knw I had gone for oxygen)

So as the sports day came to aclose and we headed back to our cars, the heavens opened andthe most torential downpour! We knew our evening carer would be leaving on her bike right about now! I tried to ring her bu had no signal on my phone. Once we were back near our children's school I managed to get a ignal and sent a text to her Mum asking if someone was bringing her...sadly noone was home and she was indeed cycling! There was no way we could lookfor her as she comes via back roads we dont know! The best I could do was assure her mum wewould take her home! A couple of anxious phone calls later she arrived, rather on the wet side but still smiling! i think we need to make contingency plans for bad weather!

Unfortunately evening carer did not manage to stopRosie feeding the carpet Rosie can be very detrmined and is excelent at frisbying a plate! ! I think all adults were rather glad when it was a suitable time to start bathing and thinking of children in bed! David and Joshua took B home whilst I tried to tidy away the remnants of the evening! By 10 pm we had just about got everyone inbed...David followe suit whilt i waited for Eve's feed tofinish and give her meds...falling intobed at just before 11 I closed my eyes! Almost likeclockworkwe have been up and down the stairs to Eve every 40 minutes or so! My concernabout them not seeing what we see has diminished again now and although I dontlike wishing our lives away, and I really am not keen to see the end of term, I really do want next Sunday's admission and testing to be here soon! we cannot keep this up indeffinitely!

Today we are heading to Snetterton! David and Joshua to the BTCC, me and the rest of them plus carer, are planning a meet up with a friend and her daughter! I have brought the monitor downstairs hopeing David gets a little before sleep before he has to drive.

Of course now I am up and wide awake the beeping has stopped! Should I go back to bedor try to nap on the sofa? or just enjoy the peace?

2 comments:

Robyn said...

so what did you end up doing? hope you got some rest either way xxx

Anonymous said...

hope you got some rest xxxxx