Psalm 42 (New International Version)
New International Version (NIV)
Copyright © 1973, 1978, 1984 by International Bible Society
Psalm 42
BOOK II : Psalms 42-72 1
For the director of music. A maskil of the Sons of Korah. [a] [b] As the deer pants for streams of water, so my soul pants for you, O God.
2 My soul thirsts for God, for the living God. When can I go and meet with God?
3 My tears have been my food day and night, while men say to me all day long, "Where is your God?"
4 These things I remember as I pour out my soul: how I used to go with the multitude, leading the procession to the house of God, with shouts of joy and thanksgiving among the festive throng.
5 Why are you downcast, O my soul? Why so disturbed within me? Put your hope in God, for I will yet praise him, my Savior and 6 my God. My [c] soul is downcast within me; therefore I will remember you from the land of the Jordan, the heights of Hermon—from Mount Mizar.
7 Deep calls to deep in the roar of your waterfalls; all your waves and breakers have swept over me.
8 By day the LORD directs his love, at night his song is with me— a prayer to the God of my life.
9 I say to God my Rock, "Why have you forgotten me? Why must I go about mourning, oppressed by the enemy?"
10 My bones suffer mortal agony as my foes taunt me, saying to me all day long, "Where is your God?"
11 Why are you downcast, O my soul? Why so disturbed within me? Put your hope in God, for I will yet praise him, my Savior and my God
I like reading Psalms, there are so many that I can identify with the writer. There are so many that speak dirctly of Jesus. There are many I just wish I could shout out with realconviction! I guess Psalm42 is one of those....Why am I so downcast? My hope is in God and in Him I do Trust
For the most part right now I have to hold things together! It would be easy to really give in and allow myself to really let this news sink in and then to give in to the despair that keeps looming in my consciousness. I would like to say it is faith and trust and the knowledge of a True and loving God, a Father who only gives good gifts,that though would put the credit in my hands,and certainly nothing of this is due to asny trength I have. This is all of God...inside my mind is shrieking, my heart is breaking and my emotions whirling...and yet the peace that passeth understanding is there beneath the turmoil. I know for now I have to keep life normal for the children. I will eventually find the right place to talk and give way to the tears that are safely blocked for now....In God's time!
Meanwhile life does go on, Whilst I was in hospital with Eve the Joshua had hisleavers assembly and was awarded the school trophy foroutstanding achievment...I hope to get a video of the event from a friend...I missed his leaving performance from his last school too! They had a leavers disco too David went to that one and tooksome wonderful photos, I will post a few once
I get to have timeon the computer upstairs.
We are heading off on holiday next Saturday, there is much to be organised for that and supplies, drugs, oxygen and all the other paraphinalia to go with it! At least that will keep us occupied whilst we wait for the doctors to sort the further investigations.
We really do covet your prayers for now...thank you!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




1 comment:
Tina, isn't it amazing how God works in one person's life one day so that they might be a blessing to someone else on a completely different day? Praise God for that!
I know days with our kiddos can be so difficult. Sometimes I feel like I'm constantly waiting for the "other shoe to drop". Do you have that saying other there? Like "what else could possibly go wrong?" and then it does!
I just keep clinging to the Word of God. The Bible's Words and the truths that it teaches are the only things that hold real comfort for me on dark days. Even if that is someone's words or a song or a poem - if it ministers to me, rest assured that it's truth is the words of the Bible.
Our God is so mighty, and He's leading us all home to Heaven with Him. Our journeys are different and often difficult, but His comfort is true and His strength is sufficient for our journey.
Thank you for your notes of encouragement.
Alesha
Post a Comment