Sunday, 20 July 2008

Today's The Day

4am....in12 hours we must be on the ward, Eve has had a slightly better night although been upoher 4 times already an dnow givn up going back to bed but she has resolved and stayed above 93% after each dip. No oxygen so far tonight, but she has not slept as well, lotsoflittle wimpersnd moans, I hope she is not coming down with something.

i have again almost caught up with the ironing, a least David will have enough clothes to send everyone to school clean. The washing machine is going, the dishwasher is going and my dressing gown is in the dryer. I am contemplating geting dinner on the go but maybe a little later, dont want everyone waking up thinking I have cooked breakfast!

We have the minsters two youngest coming to help out this afternoon. Lovely girls who love Rosie and will help David keep her occupied until the transport collects her a 6.30. We would really appreciate your prayers for everyone to behave, stay friends, and keep safe. David is going to be tired and anxious and tempers will easily fray.

Would appreciate prayer for safe journeys too, forme today. For David through the week and especially tuesday when he comes to the hospital. We are always anxious about General Aneasthetics, Luke died following fairly routine surgery and the flashbacks are starting. Pray for our peace through the next few days.
All those anxieties I spoke of recently are threatening my sanity again. is there really anything wrong, is it my imagination? Will they find what is wrong, will they think Iama paranoid mother inventing problems for my child, Will we be sent home with nothing changed and Eve still struggling. Will we end up with more diagnosis and new medical issues todeal with. What happens if they aneasthetise her and then she cannot cope once waking up again? Would they do a trachy as an emergency measure without us having the chanc to talk to through? Would that actually be an easy option? Will we be facing decisions we dont want to make?

The cement mixer in my head is on fast forward, I would like to come home on Wednesday feeling I had been panicking about nothing because Eve's problems have been resolved simply and with no complications....I would also like to think if we dont that I can rest in peace and assurance that God has better plans!

For I know the plans I have for you. Plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Jeremiah 29 v11

4 comments:

Tia said...

Praying that you can switch that cement mixer off - stop fast forwarding and just deal with the present minute.

Take care - thinking of you today
love,
Tia

Alesha said...

Will be praying for you all - wisdom for the doctors, peace for you, speedy recovery for all.

Alesha
www.xanga.com/akconklin
adoorofhope.blogspot.com

Robyn said...

in my thoughts xxxx

Amanda said...

Will be praying for you and your family, my thoughts are with you
love and hugs to you all
amanda