I knew sleep in 40 minute snatches was not going to be acceptable for too long. Although i did manage a short nap...maybe 1/2 an hour yesterday afternoon,I was very, very tired. This does not make for a good Mummy. So at 11pm last night we took Eve to bed, resecured her SATS monitor probl and positioned the oxygen concentrator beside her bed....hmmm SATs were 98% that is good, we decided to have a drink whilst she settled and see if thye stayd so good.
11.45 Eve was still maintaining acceptable oxygen levels and so we headed to bed...making it to my pillowbore midnight...yooohooo! drifting into a deep sleep I found myself in a queue at a Supermarket...chating away to the lady in front became gadually more and more iritated with the beep of the barcode scanner. It seemed the cashier was playing music as she sanned each item.....beeepda dee beep, beeepda dee beep...it sounded familiar....URGH I dragged myself fromhe bed and traipsed downstairs of course i wasn't a barcode scanner at all. RIGHT! Micropore tape at the ready in determination to get some sleep I stuck the Oxgen mask along the pommels of the sleepsystem, across the pillow and in line with a nose! lodged a dolly behind it and switched on the concentrator! the numbers crept up....turned from to green and stopped beeping!
I managed to be back in bed before 1.30 and have managed over 4 hours straight sleep! yeah!
Eve is awake and grizzly and I have turned the O2 off...no more beeps.
Praise God for Micropore!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




3 comments:
those beeps reminded me of something. apparently this weekend - we went camping - i was half asleep and a sheep in the next field baa'd loudly..according to M in response, I said " beth, you ok?"
oh the bliss of semi-conciousness...
love and hugs!
oh Amen to that Tina!
Tia
Congrats on the four hours of sleep! You are a saint!
Post a Comment