An empty square on the calander!!! oooh that doesn't happen often....wonder if I have forgotten anything...no, just Joshua and Christina ona school trip to the Imperial War museum as a conclusion totheir topic on World War ll.
So they need to dress in school clothes of the time and take a simple packed lunch wrapped in greaseproof paper.
KnowingI had a quiet day ahead then, I managed to think it a good idea to allow them to make Scones and jam tarts to take with them....assuring themthey had to be up breakfasted, washed, dressed and animals fed first I prepared ingredients whilst carer was feeding Rosie. Helped carer wrestle Rosie into clothes and gave medicine meanwhile hoping David was dealing with Jonathan...leaving Eve in bed with feed running watching Tigger and friends.
OK so Rosie on bus and Joshua has prepared his scone dough and cut them out...popping them in the oven i start christina off on her jam tarts...soon the deed is done and the sandwhiches made and wrapped and whilst the scones and tarts cool we tackle hair and decide we can't possibly go without a gas mask! ARGHHHH. christina dashes off to the play house to see what she can find whilst joshua and I finish the sandwhich parcels...sorry didn't have time for camera you will have to imagine the authentically wrapped greaseproof parcels wrapped together in a blue and white checked teaccloth and tied up with.....hmmmm fleourescent yellow builders line????? It was the nearest we could find to string!
Christina came back with a washing tablet box that I managed o cover with a cut up brown paper envelope....decided to hope for string available at school and at last we were off! we managed even after that mammoth effort to arrive at school 5minutes before the allotted time...unfortunatelyI had forgotten spnding money so begging in the office I think they may be OK! Teacher was somewhat perplexedtolearnt the child who had promised labeles had forgotten so we spent a few minutes gathering scraps of card to make name labels and i lft them to it! I dohope they have had a good day...so far the weather has been good here but they are a fair few miles south of us!
arrivinghome at 8.50 I threw clothes on Eve,...sorted meds, brushed hair and threw her in her chair...got topreschool at 5 past 9 not bad me thinks!
Dashing back home for a desperately needed mug of coffee i lokedatwhat else my little empty box of a day woul hold for me. Phone calls to council to chase up our adaptations and hoist slingsand profiling bed....all promised for months non having any tangible evidence of progress!
Ofcourse ofthree people I need to speak with non is avaiblable and a 4th who may have been able to help were all unavailable. the 4th would be back today the rest not!
I spent an hour and forty five minutes goingthrough the 3rd stage review panel report for the Local Government Ombudsman and finished it just intime to send it before leaving to collect Eve. Of course the only available person managed to phone back whilst I was collecting Eve..told David she would chase up the slings and nothing about anything else!
Once home with Eve I managed to contact said contactable person who assured me she knew nothing about anything esle and would leave messages! No one available now till Monday!
In preparing some lunch it has ecome apparant that our cupboads and freezer are adly lacking in contents with which to make a meal....guess what I am doing after lunch before the children arrive home?
Also need to ensure drugs are up todate with correct labels etc before dispatching Rosie to respite whilst Eve is in hospital! Washing to be kept up so that David has a ready supply of clean clothes for the kids yes he can operate the machine but keeping on top of life at home whilst worrying about us in hspital etc I would rather leave him as little extra responsability as possible. In any spare time he is far better occupied in DIY activities than domestic ones.
so an empty box on the calander didnot mean had an opportuity to snatch an extra hours sleep then. We do have an extra half hour on the day though as J and C dont get back to school till 3.45. just have time to attack Tesco then! shame there is no frozen food store in our town.
Now nobody has come backtomewith suggestions of Solicitors does anyone know any builders who would like to tackle our work?????
Casting all your anxieties on Him for He careth for you.
trouble is when I cast the hook seems to hang on to the anxieties and not leave them a the foot of the cross....what am I doing wrong?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment