phone rang at 3.35 yesterday afternoon. It was the SEN officer from our local education department. On Monday their had been a meeting to discuss Eve's needs once more. Theyhave agreed to her going to the, not quite local , primary school. Alsohave agreed to one day a week at the SLD school to enable them to support the mainstream school succesfully.
I am so pleased that at last a decision has been made that actualyreflectsmy childs needs!
ALso today I have spoken with a human being at the Local Government Ombudsmans Office! They had aparantly emailed me on 16th June unfrunately they had missed a letter out of my email address and I had never received it. Apparantly the Council (district) is writing them some further information and our officer will be contacting us later this week. The person I spoke to is going to forward the email from June to my correct address. About ten minutes later the email arrived and is quite confusing. I had not interpreed the previous correspondance from the disrict council in the same way the LGO had. And the Council have certainly not given me any reason to suspect I have it wrong.
Apparantly now I have to re submit all my evidence for the complaint against the County Council along with the judgement from the panel.
Obviously the children's needs nor ours are bearing any weight to the delay culture in this aspect of our councils.
Does anyone know of any Solicitors who are able to take on acase of Community Care Law and Human Rights??? It apears they are all to busy to take on another case...that alone is cause to belive we are not alone! Why does that not bring any comfort?
I do not know what the fuure holds but I am glad I know who hold the future!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




1 comment:
Sigh on the rest of it but you have the school - that's excellent! You have the school sorted - (it's worth saying twice!) -that's one big battle over and done with and with a clear result after all your pushing. Well done.
Tia
Post a Comment