Today was the start!
The builder was here at just after 7 am! Just to measure a bit more and get his head around what needed to happen.
he chatted with David about the route for the dains and the siting of the new cess pit! We will have to lose a couple of trees and bushes to make life easier....not too bad..whatever comes out now will be replaced with fruit bearing ones later!
The children gradually headed off for school with me taking Christina lastly. I arrived back to the bulder just heading off for his labourers for the second time after a mix up with the times!
At this point can I ask for you to pray abou the labourers...there was a problem today and i really do not want that kind of language flying around my garden...he two labourers are now down to one and the work has maybe not progressed as far as it might! This is day one...we will hope for things to look up...at least we are a little nearer compleion than we were this time yesterday!
Other matters today....Joshua is a little less stressed about school...I would not go as far as to say he is happier but less unhappy!
However he came home with a miraine and slept for 2 hours then was woken by Rosie checking o n him not the best antedote to a Migraine!
He has now eaten and drunk little and gone back to bed...I do hope it was just one o his heads and not more trouble at school!
Jonathan had an eye clinic appointment today a the riddiculous time of 3.40 pm! This meant I had to get someone to colec Christina from school and be here for Rosie whilst David went off to fetch Joshua...Eve came with me and Jonathan!
The Orthoptists at our local hospital are lovely, they know us well already and know he full family siuation not only thechild before them in isolation...this makes them far more able to understand our concerns and our warped sense of humour! It also meant that although this was a different Orthoptist to the one we saw with Eve just after her MRI, The other one had discussed Eve with her and she was aware of our conerns regarding that.
So on to Jonathan...his vision in his right eye is not of any use to him and his right eye wanders away...the left eye has dropped over another line and he was struggling to keep the line he could read in view. we went on to see the Ophthalmologist who has prescribed more sronger lenses. Jonathan was very good and polite as always!
It was 5.21 as we pulled away in the bus! so we hit the rush hour traffic through Boston and arrived home just before 6.30 having lft home at 1 pm it made a long afternoon....I forgot to mention the day had started at 1.55 courtesy of Eve and her Jerks!
at 10 pm now I think it could be nearing bed time.
Just a moment to tell you that Christina is very happily exhausted tonight...having started at Girls Brigade! Shehas been longing to go for a few months....but it is awkward to get her out and back on an evening. Iris has now arranged to come over and collect her...giving us an early evening hand with Rosie and then taking Christina off to Church. Another Church Member and GB officer has brought her home...did I ever mention what a loving Church we go to????
I put out a prayer requst at Church yesterday for us to ind another carer for Rosie ater school. There is someone at Church I have on my heart for Rosie...I hoped she may go away and be prodded into realising it is just what she would like to do!
OK I am off to bed...photos of progress promised for the very near future!
1 Unless the LORD builds the house, its builders labor in vain, Psalm 127 v 1
Lord build our House up as a place of your Will! Be glorified in all we do and say!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




4 comments:
I'm so pleased you have found a way for C to do Girls Brigade without you having to get out in the evenings - I know how impossible it is for you to leave the house safely at night.
And the rest...one day at a time and my phrase from the last two years "it'll be lovely when it's done"! Now of course if yours is finished before mine after all this time I'll be, ummm, happy for you!
You need a proper lean burn modern "air wash" burner.
Needs emptying about every 14 days.
Better still, put in one of the Finnish ceramic burners that cremate about 2 baskets of wood a day and retain the heat in their storage cells.
Real efficiency.
R
Ohh and if anyone is asking the big G for anything, they could ask for any help he can deliver to making our move go through and smoothly.
R
just wanted to send some love...x
Post a Comment