Doesn't time fly...it seems little time since I was typing about the Baptism last week and here we are another Sunday. I am thankful tomorrow is Monday and the children are back to school. However, that brings with it the restart of all the professional input and appointments and the restart of the battle of the DFG!
I have been reading the books of Jane Grayshon recently...the thoughts of a Christian lady who lives with chronic pain. Her thoughts and scripture references have been very thought provoking. However I find myself reading her scripture references and seeing somthing very different in them to the loving thoughts she uses to express the underlying message.
Having spent some time in thought about how to present our case for the children's individual needs I went to bed to read and Jane was looking at Psalm 27
The Lord is my light and my Salvation-----whom shall I fear....
When my enemies and my foes atack me, they will stumble and fall.
Oh what wonderful words. Knowing Jesus as my Lord and Saviour, the light of my path and my guide....how can I be afraid of those in authority who are so against our family...they are the enemies who are threatening the continuity of our family....the Psalmist says when they attack me they will stumble and fall.
My mind is cast back to our previous battle that, eventually, with pererverence and using Local Government Ombudsman we won...the foes were halted they stumbled at that hurdle and we were justified!
I felt triumphant!
pride comes before a fall???? or before a turned page. Jane's view on this had been similar :-
God had not chosen to remove the pain and sickness and debilitation and lonliness of suffering Her pain had continued for 11 years, she was in a desprate place and struggling. her words:-
" was I supposed to be comforted to read of others being rescued by God when I was not?"
Jane read on to the end of the psalm.
"One thing I ask of the Lord, this is what I seek: that I may dwell in the house of the Lord all the days of my life...."
God asks us to "seek His face".
rewind to the beginning of the Psalm
the Lord is my light and my Salvation; whom shall I fear? The Lord is the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid?
God is with us through all our trials and tribulations. Of this I have never doubted. Jane talks later in her book of Shadrach, Meshach and Abednego in the fiery furnace. The Son of GOd walked with them in the fire....they were not saved from the ordeal but saved in it!
God will be with us as we face the battle ahead...pray with us for His will to be done.
I delight to do Thy will oh Lord.
( someone once explained that verse as not being a resigned sigh of:- well if this is the Lords will i will carry on and get through it somehow.....but I will be joyful in doing this work the Lord has set before me delighting in every effort I expend in the doing of His Will!)
I DELIGHT to do THY WILL oh Lord!
I pray for the grace to delight in the Lord's will!
Meanwhile the good spell for Rosie appears to be ending abruptly. Since her increase of AEDs on Christmas Eve she has been in a fantastic mood, giggly and happy and enjoying life. YEs slightly less energetic and much more hungry but happy with it and no agitation at all. this morning she woke agitated, she was less happy to sit and eat and was getting slightly stressed. during Church this morning I think she was fitting with complex partial or temporal lobe seizure's she had one mega arch, throw to the floor and stomp round the periphery of the Church. she was disorienated afterwards and very unsteady walking down to the school room but then settled down and was fine...she came home and ate dnner and shared some Ice Cream with Christina and then set off again...stressing and searching and agitated like crazy...I have now put her in her bed to get some break from it because I hurt all over trying to contain her. I just hope and pray that she is ok for school tomorrow, it has been over a month now since we had the break that school gives us...is that a selfish thought???
So tomorrow we hope for the return of the elusive electrician...we have ben waiting for his return since the end of September he has the workshop to wire up and some other bits to put right from the rewire he did in August. Then I am waiting for a phone call from the OT to tell me about the meeting that is apparantly set up between us and them aparantly at our house! I am also hoping for some response from the LGO and from our MP. And then hopefully after Lunch the other OT and a rep is coming to visit Eve with a new strap for her chair and a new piece for the sleep system....all this in a hope to slow down the scoliosis that is gradually causing her body to bend and twist!
So not exactly a peacful day with the chidren back at school but hopefully a productive one! Our traditional "first childless day after a holiday" elevensies at a cafe with table cloths will have to wait until another day!
I do not know what the future holds, but I am glad I know who holds the future!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment