
Made plans with our carer yeserday to take the kids out for a final fling before back to school. there is a good indoor play area place about 30 miles from here and good shopping faciities for topping up the food cupboards on the way home. So arranged for carer to come for 10 am.
We realy need to get back into some routine here, there just is no routine at all up and down from bed at all times. Getting back into bed at times when really it would be better to just give uo on sleep and get up then everyone faling back to sleep until unheard of hours of the morning! I eventualy got out of bed for goo this morning at 8.15 OK so I had been in the girls room at 2.58am and had a coffeee and toast at 3.30 but really still in bed after 8 am is obscene!
Never mind...we just hve to plod along with morning routine and get ready when get ready! If Carer arrives before we are ready she will just pitch in and help so it really wasn;t a problem...but I do worry what will happen Monday morning when the bus will arrive just before 8 am! EEEKKK!
so 9.15 Rosie fed and everyone else part from Eve on the way to being dressed. Guinea Pig cage cleaned and Rabbit's bits ready! Phone rings....carers Hubby! carer has been unwell through the night and not going to make it today! ARGGHHH! I was duly concerned, and really did send messages of sympathy and get well soon thoughts...we love our carer dearly but that does not ease the frustration of not having a carer when you planned to do something special! It is not her fault! I do not want her to come and spread her germs and I really do want her to get well!
However, i really do want to treat my children to a nice day out too ahhhh Grace??? I mentioned i a previous post I would like to get to know Grace and her sisters better, may be this is an ideal opportunity. So hobbling up stairs to get dressed myself I decide to ring and ask if one or both girls would like to come and help out! BBBBRRRIIINNG BBBBRRRIINGGGG and on and on and answer phone! OH Bother!
Oh well I will just have to manage and Joshua and Christina will have to be on Rosie watch whilst they play! Not quite what I planed but they wont really mind. Once dressed Chrisitna and I head out to clean Fluffy's cage and of course just as I have rolled up the rabbit urine soaked paper and hay the phone rings again! good old wet wipes and alcogel! It is Grace's Dad and he is sure that Grace would love to come and help out! Apparantly Sarah has school work to occupy her but yes Grace will come ou with us...I suggest we will be there in around half an hour!
Great that maks a much easier day ahead! Finnished th erabbit cage and animals fed kids dressed Mum's bag packed! Start loading the car. Now those of you who have not seen us heading out for a day will not realise what a military manouvre this is! We dont' go anywhere in a hurry! Strap Eve in her chair, Fetch Rosie, it takes two to strap Rosie in using three harnesses and the seat belt Suction, Oxygen, Nappies, feed, feed tubes, replacement tubes and parts, medication, snacks, coats, clean clothes. Everyone in and ready someone needs the loo. OK we are ready...where is the key??? We have a good track record of losing car keys. Who drove last, David I' m sure...20 minutes later having searched just about everywhere David found them....in my coat pocket...ahh yes I really wanted to forget that visit to the dentist!
So at last we are on our way and I get Joshua to ring through and say are running late. we had a good time at the play centre. Joshua and Christina enjoyed the climbing wall and Rosie and Grace had a great time just playing around and trying the slides. Had a bit of a trickey moment when we first got there, Grace was too old, managed to get roud that by her goig to supervise Rosie...then I managed to avoid answering the question as to how old Rosie is...at 127cm tall and 23kg in weight and having severe leanring difficulties she is ability appropriate for this facility, being 15 years old she is FAR too old for the chronological age limit! Thankfully noone really questioned her right to be there! Rosie had a great time and ws not a problem to anyone...well I don't think Grace had a problem she says she enjoyed herself!
Whilst we were playing the fog had dscended....my plans to stop and shop on the way home were thwarted by my inability to navigate in the fog! Having got lost three times I decided to go with Tom Tom back to Grace's home town and shop in Co-Op just buying the essentials.I am ure it saved a fortune and I got Grace back at the time I had stated! Hope that doesn't fool her Dad into thinking i am a good time keeper!
So if I bought the essentials at Co Op how come we are still out of Kitchen Towel, Fabric Conditioner and running extremely low on Farleys Milk????? Would the fact that I have just found my note pad with shopping list on in Rosie's bsket of reasures have anything to do with that do you think?
Good Night!
I do not know what the future holds, but I am glad I know who holds the future!




No comments:
Post a Comment