mayhem has ensued here over the last few days...but it has been worth it!
laying laminate floor in four rooms involves a lot of moving and planning and .......MESS! When that includes Rosie's room i becomes a military planning operation! Leaving anything around that is small enough to fit between her teeth becomes a choking hazard, so lots of sweeping and hoovering involved. Next problem is were do you put the contents of four very full rooms to allow access to the floor? Not an easy puzzle at all. Thankfully Tuesday morning dawned bright and dry. All the moveable bits of Rosie and Eve's room went through the new French door onto the deck! leaving just th two beds and computer table to manouvre! The gentlemen arrived at 8 am...eeek I never get dressed in the mnring until all the childcare stuff is sorted so there am in my PJs and dressing gown! Oh Well!
We had two fitters come out to give us a quote on the work. This man was the first and really kind, considerate accepting of the difficulties we faced in trying to clear rooms, his price was nt cheap but mnageable! he second man who came was not as kind and considerate, had no intention of understanding any difficulties we had and expected the rooms to be empty! He was actually expecting us to remove the fitted wardrobe! So although there was a difference of maye £70 w went wth the first guy! We have no regrets! He has been just as kind and understanding, chatty without being lazy, Has managed moving the things that need moving with little fus, just calling David today to help move the triple oak wrdrobes in our room! His work has been tidy, he has cleaned up after himself as well as you can expect a man to do!
It is now wednesday lunch time and he has almost finished, Our room has been a challenge! We moved everything we could into the bathroom, but that left two triple and one double wardrobe, the beds and a large dressing table. No problem! he has even run his wife to ask about a fryer they bought last year he thought was similar to one I had found on lakeland, it was indeed the same machine and he gave a good recomendation...
http://www.lakeland.co.uk/product.aspx/!11583
what do you think? I do like real chips, oven chips just dont cut it for me! But using my wok to fry chips leaves me with an oily mess to filter and get rid of! Not to mention the fat content of the food I then feed my family! Can I justify the expence???? Oooh decisions decisions!
So I now have three bedrooms and the kitchen nicely floored! Just need to put everything back. The girls room is almost there, the kitchen is going to take some serious will power to get to grips with! and Our room???? I feel a rearrangement coming on....anyone seen my get up and go?
Thanks to Morning carer we now have milk coffee and cereal....maybe we will get through till Wednesday when I get to go shopping. Thursday is Health Visitor coming to meet us! looking at aplying for free nappied for Eve...how exciting! Friday we have Ophthalmologist for Joshua his vision has deteriorated so looks like more glasses on the bill! it will be a race back from the hospital to the clinic a we have a community peadiatric appoinment at 10.30!
I do not know what the fuure holds, but I am glad I know who holds the future.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




1 comment:
Floor sounds good and the fitter sounds excellent - pleasant to be with and job finished on time (but I'm not bitter).
Chips out of a deep fat fryer will have just as much fat in them as chips fried in a wok! And you'll still have to process the fat afterwards - difference being you can leave the fat in the chip pan a few times until it needs changing, whereas I'm guessing you need the wok for other meals. But at least with a fryer you can put it on and leave the kitchen for a couple of minutes, unlike an open chip pan.
We want photos of the lovely shiny floors!
Tia
Post a Comment