Tuesday, 1 January 2008

Goodbye 2007 Welcome in 2008

New Years Eve was a failry peacful day. Jonathan was in respite from Sunday morning to Monday afernoon, Joshua and Christina were of on a Young Carers outing to the pantomime and we had a carer 10-2. We decided to head out to town as we were out of parafin and as that is the only form of heat we have it was best we filled up! a friend had invited us to there home for a meal originally New Years Eve, but due to the children's engagements we postponed until New Years Day. they were providing main meal and we were taking desert. Having felt totally exhausted I was cheating and buying a few different choices of desert so a trip to Tesco was on the cards too. Unfortuneately the builders merchants was still closed so bac to the hardware shop for parafin, then of course once in Tesco we discovered that we needed far more than desert! So havog spent almost £70 we made headway home!

we had made arangements for a Pest control officer to come and look at and deal with our rat problem...they arrived not long after we got home so left david dealing with that! apparantly we had quite a nice family...extended family....of rats living under the playhouse! probably under the decking too! wonderful! if only they did not carry such horrible disease it would not be so bad..they are fascinating creatures to watch!

Of course our trip to town meant Rosie had not eaten for at least an hour so her first port of call was he fridge! Settled with a dish of cheese and gluten free crackers she was quiet whislt we put shopping away! then was back demanding lunch! It was 12 o'clock afer all!

No sooner had we eaten lunch than it was time for Joshua and Christina to be getting ready to go out and then they were off! Carer also left soon after and it was just David me Rosie and Eve..Eve fel asleep on the floor and Rosie was happy sat with me with a book...things were very relaxed. amazing what a difference it makes having two children at home instead of five! specially when Rosie is sat with me instead of me needing to chase her! Of course the momen did not last long enough and once Jonathan arrived home she livened up again and we were off!
David decided to make a start on raking the leaves and weeds from the back garden, we are going to pave that area next year(ooops this year) to make it easier to keep clean so the weeds and leaves have to be cleared away to see what area we are looking at! Rosie took delight in standing on the chair watching him for a while.
I am becoming a really lazy cook recently, if I can grab it out the freezer with little effort then it makes a good meal! We had bought some nice sausages in Tesco and they with frozen chips and two tins of beans would make a simple meal for when Joshua and Christina came in.
They arrived just after six, high as Kites, obviously had a great time and clutching a huge wrapped christmas present each...that was very unexpected, the trip to the panto was gift enough! Joshua had a marble run type puzzle game and Christina had a beautiful porcelaine doll. Two very happy children then!
Once dinner was over the childen went off to play and watch tv...Rosie went in her bed and Eve and I sat on the settee to watch tv! Only I woke up over an hour later having missed the programme I sat down to watch! eeling totally groggy and washed out, I managed t suggest to Christina she ought to be in bed by now...and flopped back on the chair!

David and I sat together with a tin of Quality Street debating whether to have our glass of wine now or would we see in the New Year??? I gave up at 10.30 and we opened the wine and I went to bed! David lasted till midnight and was quite chuffed with himself having taken some photos of the TV screen when the fireworks went off in London! Unfortunately the fireworks round here set all the neighbourhood dogs barking and they barked for hours! So much for getting to bed at 10.30!!

Of Course children don't cre that Mum and Dad were awake at midnight due to fireworks and barking dogs and seeing in the New year so Dad was up at 4 am and Mum gave up at 7am....Dad had got back to bed sometime before then and managed to sleep until almost 10 am which was good! By the time David came down i had like a good wife organised breakfast, washes and dressing of 4 out of 5 children and done three lots of medicines. Joshua was about to take coffee up to his Dad when he came down anyway! Troubl is it was gone 10 am by this time and I was still in PJs as was Eve...I really think we need som organisation back in this house before next Monday! we have to have everyone up dressed and ready by 8am....or very near everyone ready! Jonathan and Rosie's bus leaves at 8 and Joshua, Christina and Eve have to be out the house by 8.30 I really dislike getting back into routine!

We were planning on being at our friends house for 2-3pm...very loose timing arangements, they have 4 kids to so no pressure to be on time! We had a light lunch and washed and changed kids where appropriate! everyone but Dad in the car by 2.15, he had lost the batteries for the camera....David is very good at losing things, car keys, tape measures, batteries, wallet...etc.etc.etc!
I was sur I saw him leave the house but when I looked again he had disappeared, a few minuts later h climbed in the car lookd round and told us that the visit was off. Our Hostess hd uddenly been taken ill and was unable to have us round! Ooops, car fully loaded with kids and desert and nowhere to go!
The day was not a total disaster, the local outlet village was open and they had a play barn so we let the kids let off steam whilst we had a coffee. managed to buy cheap Duvet for Rosie as her sleep Sack is falling apart....her bedding needs to be ultimately washable but she would not accept a new sleep sack so i am hoping to persuade her to accept a duvet in a cover!
so now i think three out of five are in bed Eve is beside me on the Settee and Joshua is in his room watching his Chinchillas....I hope he is watching his chinchillas they are certainly loose in his room!
The temperature is set to plummet overnight! Nothing planned to do tomorrow! I think I am going to need some extra patience and intuition on keeping Rosie occupied! I do hope nothing hinders her reurning to school on Monday...I certainly need the break!
Wishing everyone a Really happy New Year!


I do not know what the future holds but I am glad I know who holds the future!

No comments: