Everyone went to school today! PHEW!
Rose was not her bst it has to be said. She was twitchy and agitated...we wondered if bowels could be to blame...maybe? Anyway, aving been at home over a month we all needed her to go to school even if it was temporary!
We arrive home from taking the rest of the tribe to school and preschool to find th electricians ven in the drive...HOORAY! unfortunately when we met on the pathway he was not a happy bunny the armoured cable he had bought was not long enough! He was also not too happy about the weather proofing on the roof of the workshop but we asured him that one we had power there we would be weather proofing done.
My ashing generally resembles the european washing mountain and the ironing pile was following suit...amazing we had any clothes to wear this morning really! but with no kids in the house and a biter cold wind outside ironing actually seemed a rather nice option! I remembered half way through the third pile that I was supposed to be ringing the neurology nurse! I wa actually supposed to have rung her one week after increasing Rosie's Kepra Dose back in November but the problems we had encountered with leaking gastrostomy, and illnes and seizures and and and I just never had! So i rang through....and spoke to the answer phone. Lft a message and carried on with the ironing! 11.15 and time to collect Eve from preschool...why do neither of us ever put the car key in the draw where we both expect to retrieve it from??? 11.25 and key is evenually found....god job Eve's preschool is only just down the road!
Home again home again..and..... no i am really fed up of ironing and lunch sounds a much better prospect...so sandwhiches and coffee made and I call David down...incidentally it was not only me who decided on a nice warming job this morning! david has been using th steamer to strip the wallpaper from Christina's room. He has spent all morning setting off the smoke alarms!
Of course as soon as i tke a nice bite of my cheese and pickle sandwhich the phone rings! neurology nurse! I tell the tale of Rosie's problems since the increase...ending with the tale of her pneumonia in December and then the series of Tonic Clonic Seizures on Christmas Eve. I explained that since the increase of Kepra over Chrstmas Rosie had been fantastic, happy giggle but ravenously hungry....people always find the fact that she is ravenously hungry and raiding the fridge and constantly eating anything in sight...quit funny! Actually it is not at all funny to live with and try and contain! It is really beginning to get me down! I then told her that this ood period had come to an abrupt end yesterday with agitation and then two siezures, one in church and one in the afternoon. This morning she had been twitchy and agitated but I had given her medications and hoped that she would settle once she got to school! School had not rung to say sh was not copable with and so I ssumed that inded she had settled and been OK. Neurology nurse said that we should be optimistical about this and hope that yesterday was just a blip in an otherwise good result! We agreed that I would keep them in touch with what hapened and se the neurologist in February!
Of course Rosie is not that easy! No sooner had i finished my lunch than the phone rang...school!
Rosie is not at all well, has been wanting cuddles all morning, despertely chewing her hand and now is shaking! AAAAARRRGGGHHH!
This was 1.30 I had a rep and OT coming at 2pm no way can I get from Home to school and back again in 1/2 an hour and even had we not had them coming it would have been tight to get back in time for Joshua and Christina...school agree to watch and wait and send her home on transport! sh has a one to one on transport so not too big a problem! I assured them that if they became more concerned they shoul ring an ambulance and have her taken to children's ward where we would meet her!
So I ring back to neurology and explain this develipment, they suggest we take her to children's ward and have her checked ad then contact them back!
I rang children's ward and briefed them.
OT and rep arrived...Eve's back has changed again and they can no loner get her laid straight on the sleep system...she is also moving the sleep system blocks with her knees! This is apparanlty impossible! But then this is EVE! on to the chair...the fixing brackets are missing from the new strap so can't do anything with that! Rep man is very nice though and promises he will come back once we hav seen the spinal man next weeek and look a the sleep system again, h will bring the brckets for the chair and in the meantime he adjust the chair to make Eve as comfortable as she can be for now! Must have made a good job as she is quietly watching TV now!
Well the respite of school may ave been brief but it was much needed...the hoards are on their way home! At least the restaurant at the hosiptal will save me cooking!
I do not know what the future holds but I am glad I know who holds the future!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




1 comment:
all my prayers are with you all.
hope Rosie will soon be home with you again.
all our love too. xx
Ruth and family
Post a Comment