In June last year it became apparant that Rosie's wheelchair was really unsafe! I realise how bad the situation was when transport returned her to respite 10minutes after collecting her for school, whereupon they rang me to ask wat hey should do?
Sadly thre was not a not I could do as David and I were on route to Hospital with Eve! at that time we were over an hours drive from School and needing to be in clinic within an hour! I suggested they rang wheelchair services and asked for the emergeny repair people. Being very concerned about the immediate health of my yougest child at that time I left Rosie's wheelchair in the hands of those surely able to deal with it!
Nothing was in the school book when Rosie returned home that night, David tightened up loose nuts and we rearranged the harness configuration and heard little else for a week.
Then there was another incident where transport refused to bring her home! We had to head off to collect her and on arriving back home I rang wheelchair services to ask what was being done?
Nothing! they had no referal so could do nothing! Enraged I demanded thy wrote me a letter saying they had been requested by parents to review and repair an unsafe wheelchair but they were refusing to do so! They refused! They dont do that sort of thing!
Eventually after many heated words were exchanged they agreed to review the girls in their clinic on August 21st! That was actually during our holiday but as we were nearby on holiday we agreed to go!
At that clinic appointment it was agreed that Rosie had outgrown her chair! Eve's needed some adjustment and a replacement base, they would refer for urgent seating clinic! In October I rang to ask where the appointments had got to! Ahhh they had not received a formal referal! I argued with them as I had a copy of the letter from Dr H! They however did not! So I requested a further referal form our new Peadiatrician, who on Christmas morning told me she had deffinitely written. Rosie's Chair fell apart again this weekend, David managed to repair it again just in time for the school bus coming! I rang Wheelchair services again today! They have no waiting list as such and there will be no delay in a seating clinic appointment!
Once they get the referal Form!
they have had a letter, they have had a telephone conversation with the peadiatrician, but they have not had the actualy referal form and it needs to come through on an official form!
I do not know what the future holds, but I am glad I know who holds the future!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment