Started with me feling so sorry for myself, Cough, cough, Splutter, Splutter. Sob Sob.
Then the trip to the Surgeons, Still reeling from the surgeons news we met with Motability on Tuesday followed by the man who was doing the sensory room. Wednesday I actually managed to get to the Doctor, it was about all I managed on Wednesday as I was totally wiped out by then and barely able to speak. However there was one phone call I managed to take that has really given us a dillema. We have been offered the rise and fall bath we want for the girls free of charge, if, we can arrange it's transport from where it is now to here. A journey of over 300 miles. You would not believe the complications involved in transporting a bath! Prayer for a solution to this problem would be really good! THe bath would cost us £5,500 we dont have and SS are refusing to fund one! We also had a visit from the physio and her asistant. They stretched Eve and panicked at her drowning demonstrations, sucked their teeth at her limited movement in her hips and agreed gaitors to keep her knees stretched whilst spending her time on her tummy that the surgeon wants us to try! Whilst they were here we had a very odd visit from the council tax department of the local council. Saying they did not have a record of the newer part of our house! (It ws built in 1914 as a billet house and was always joined to the older part of the house as the owners of the older part were comissioned to care for the soldiers living in the newer part). Anyway David showed them round and they measured up each part of the house and went on their way!
Thursday I played pathetic sick woman! I played it quite well actually and felt really guilty but still did as little as possible! Managed to organise something for tea...ooh yes Roast Chicken! Nice it was too. Rosie came home tonight and although a little pinchy was on the whole in a fairly good mood. Christina does a Singing and Dancing Class on a Thursday so goes home with a friend and we pick her up at 5.30 so dinne was aimed for Daddy bringing her home, it worked!
Friday ws the day of my MRI. taking everyone to school I came home to help the Cleaner sort some pretty messy areas and David was trying to sabotage any cleaning effors with clearing the floor in the girls rom ready for the nw flooring whcih arrives this Tuesday, cleaner and i decided to take refuge in a cup of coffee. Collecting Eve from preschool at 11 we set off and made excelent time to be at the hospital at 12 midday, my appointment was 1.20 so we even had time to visit the restaurant for a decent meal.
The MRI took a little over half an hour and was a very bizarre experience! I kept drifting off to sleep...but ws then dragged from slumber by various noises, the man talking and asking if I was ok but worse than that the soud of the machine bursting into action. It sounded just like my mobile phone with a message and twice I was jerked from slumber to think my phone had gone off. i had tried to spend this half hour of relative peace in prayer. my really good friends alays top of the prayer list did get a brief mention, before sleep overcame me! I guess I am in good company thinking of the disciples who fell asleep when Jesus had left them praying!
It will be a few weeks before I get any results from this MRI and I dont really knowwhat he is looking for. I wish he had done a whole body scan rather than just dwlling on my fingers and wrists. I dont think it will change anything though, there is not a lot left in Lupus treatment without big gun dugs tha are just no apprpriate when I need to remain alert! I would have liked some reassurance that there were no major changes in my brain! but maybe I dont need to know there is nothing there! That is taken as read!
We arrived home just as the bus was dropping Jonathan and Rosie, so at least we had not left the carer too long I always worry about being late on these occasions!
Saturday has been a reasonable day really. Rosie has been quite happy and so long as she has frequent food filled bowls has managed to amuse herself a bit rather than needing constant hands on attention. We went to town for a while just to nip to the butchers, wholefood store and the electrical shop...that was fun...everytime I go for hoover bags we have a job working out which ones I need! GN ok next time remember it is GN!!! Just as I was turning ou th car park I rmembered the real reason I had left home his morning....we were out of parafin...a wuick turn left instead of right saved the day! Guess what? parafin has gone up by 40p a gallon!
So here we are ready to enter yet another Sunday! Another busy week ahead...but I am so looking forward to next weekend...a trip to visit a friend is in order! YEHAAAA! I do hope the kids and husband behave themselves....mine that is, friend is lucky enough not to have a husband to worry about!!! (I love him dearly and wouldnt swap him for anything, but I do worry about him behaving himself when out in public!).
I do not know what the future holds but I am glad I know who holds the future!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




1 comment:
Ouch on the paraffin.Yay on the new friendships!
I'm sure D will behave himself just fine!
Do the seats in your minibus come off? Just wondering if you could fit the bathtub into it?
Tia
Post a Comment