I really thought Rosie was going to be better off in school today...well going to school as they were going out bowling and then for Lunch...Rosie and Jonathan both love bowling and eating out so it was a nice prospect. Eve had a party at preschool 10-2 so it meant I would have 4 hours to do the last of the shopping and may even do the main food shop too.
It was the normal hectic preschool rush to get everyone out the door especially as Christina decided at 10 past 8 that she needed the angel costume she brought down telling me it was too small last week, thankfully as I had put an awful lot of effort into making that angel dress 2 years ago I had not thrown it out! thinking it may one day fit Eve! however if it was too small for her 2 weeks ago why did she need it now? apparantly she was an Angel for the Christingle service tonight and needed an angel costume....this was news to me! Anyway I found the Angel dress in time and also gave her her white bestish dress just incase. Eventually got them out the house and into the car before the school bell would ring.
Rosie's Carer came this morning and was helping me do some present wrapping, we had made a good start before the phone rang..9.15 and they could hardly of got the kids in a classroom and settled by then could they? Anyway Rosie's class staff have decided Rosie really isnt well enough to be in school and certainly not well enough to go out with them! HHMMPPHH! There goes my last chance of a childless trip to the shops! there is no way we can get to school before 10.30. eve has to get to her party and because I had expected to have 4 hours childless and David driving I took my heavy strength pain relief so couldnt drive! school were not too impressed but hey ho!
Well we delivered Eve, went to fetch Rosie, who cheered up no end once we changed a very full nappy, and headed off to town. There was no way I could not do the important bits I came out for and with a big all in one coat and a blanket Rosie was happy to wander round the shops. We had a good time actually, found some lovely matching cardies for all three girls. Decided on an outfit for Jonathan. Splashed out on another outfit for Christina she doesn't really need but will really please her....then had realy had enough so headed to The Ivy wall where David was meeting me and were school were also heading for lunch. At least Rosie could be with her friends for Lunch.
The food was good...the service was rubbish...over 20 minutes after we had ordered lunch somone came to tell us the sharing platter we had ordered was not available....we ordered something else and asked if Rosies jacket potatoe could come a soon as possible as she was really getting mad waiting. It was another 25 minutes before the food arrived...as I said it was delicious but marred by the fact we now had to rush it as we had to be back for Eve at 2pm.
Eve had obviously had a brilliant party...she was not a bit perturbed by the fact we were 10 minutes late:- why does every slow moving piece of traffic in East midlands have to come onto the road between where we are and where we need to be the moment we are running tight for time?....Apparantly Father Christmas had made an appearance at the party and Eve had enjoyed the whole thing! So much so that she cried bitterly when I took her from her worker!
This evening was the Christingle...it was wonderful...Joshua, I think, was in the beginings of a migraine not long before we left home, headache, tummy ache looking very pale, however the show must go on and very bravely he did his reading. Christina was a very good angel and everyone spoke up and sang up and we enjoyed every minute. I thanked the Vicar afterwards for his reference to Easter, Christmas is all about Easter...he did not leave Jesus in the Manger but took Him to the Cross, the Tomb, and the resurrection...Brilliant. I also loved the song the Class One Children sang....Jesus is the Greatest Gift in our history! Amen!
I do not know what the Future holds but I am glad I know who holds the future!
Tina
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment