Monday, 17 December 2007

Rosie is Home

I am pleased to report that Miss Rosie has been allowed home. Although much improved she is still far from well! Wanting cuddles and needing to ensure both my hands ae wrapped firmly round her which means I am not allowed to multi task! Thankfully she is still needing much extra sleep and has now taken to her bed!
Late last night I discovered why I am so disorganised and what a blessing that is! Found half a jar of coffee in the bus left from our summer holiday phew caffein at last! This morning David and I split up...I took Joshua and Christina to school and on to see Rosie, David headed off to see Jonathan and Rosie's play....return the microwave to Argos...this will be the 4th replacement in 14 months...not sure what happens to microwaves in this house we dont use them as missiles against unhelpful professionals honestly! Then the plan was for David to do the shopping.....never the best bet as he never thinks about what else we may need if it isnt on the list we apparantly cant need it. However there was much to put on the list so it should have been reasonably OK....I say should have been....I arived at the hospital and opened car door only to spy, nestling in the cubby hole of the door.....David's wallett!!! ARGHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!

Abosutley nothing I can do about the wallett or the shopping so I head up to the ward. Rosie is sat on one nurses lap whilst another is feeding her a yoghurt....now that is my Rosie why have one person at your beck and call when you can convince two they are absolutely needed? this was in fact the first time ROsie has eaten since friday 12 days previously so it ws good to see and in fact a little while after finishing that yoghurt sh ate another..it took a while but she ate it.

Changing her nappy proved to be painful experience as after so long on antibioics she is very sore!
Rosie decided enough was enough and climbed back into bed wanting lots of stories...or rather one story lots of times. It was at this point the decision was made we could take her home. Thankfully the lovely nurse caring for her helped us get packed and helped us get to the car...I really am struggling at the moment and pushing two chairs whilst balancing feed pump and carrying two girls belongings really was beyond me for now!

It is good to have her home...demanding as she is., the return to bedd id not last long...I hope she will settle and sleep tonight....David had raided the kids pocket money and managed the basics of the shopping....bet you cant guess what he didn't get though.....................COFFEE AAARRRGGGHHHHHHH.
I do not know what the future holds, but I'm glad I know whoholds the future.
hugs
Tina

1 comment:

Tia said...

Glad she's home, Tina
Tia