Thursday, 20 December 2007

What Happens Now

We learnt that the coucil were not going to consider our proposals for the DFG today! the previous post is copy of an email I sent to the local Newsroom.

You know I really truly do believe that God is in control. However that does not mean I am prepared to sit back and accept that not having the DFG work resolved must herefore be Gods will! I blieve He must have a reason for this battle to be ongoing...bu just because I really truly belive that it has not stopped me feeling total despair about it all.

It would be so easy for the council and the children with disabilities team to accept that we actually do know our own limitations, we really do know where the risks are in our life, we do know what Rosie is capabl of getting into. We do have personal experience of grief and pain and sruggles we live with those every day. It would b so easy for them to say yes your ideas do have validity and we will fund the adaptations using the available Disabled Facilities Grants for each of you.

But of course there is much more fun in their job to say well we have to share out this money and we will save 3 lots of DFG by saying there is only on available and then we only have to use £25,000 on this family even though we could use up to £100,000 and they are looking at maybe £65,000. They try so hard to make their ideas sound feasable and fair, but in reality they sound ludicrous and totally unfair and are deffinitely unworkable and downright dangerous!

Today started out really well. This morning I got a text with some fantastic news. a friends dream had come true, Prayer really does have a power to it and is so worthwhile.

I spent some time with another friend and Rosie, we did some window shopping and had a coffee together. Then I came home o this bombshell and cried bitter tears all afternoon.

Trying really hard to be bright and Jolly for the children we set them loose wth the tinsel the house looks very pretty, if you call please remember that!

Si can I pleasse beg your prayers e so despratey need a change of hearts and minds. we canot agree to the original plans.
Thank you so much!

I do not know what the future holds but I am glad I know who holds the future

No comments: