Cold! It's really cold...out of bed put the fire on and washed as quickly as possible. We applied for a Disabled facilities Grant when we moved into this house and had our first visit from the relevant professinals just over a year ago. We are still waiting! We need the heating sorted out, we also need Jonathan's room rebuilding with proper foundations and properly insulated, Jonathan needs room for hi belongings and also a wet room with toilet and shower and hand basin. Rosie and Eve need access to a bathroom that will meet needs and mine as chief carer....i really isn't complicated...we even had my dad draw drawings of what would meet those needs before Christmas last year. Still we wait for them to accept that maybe, just maybe, we know our children best and know what will work and what would be downright dangerous! So we fce another winter with parafin heaters to heat the rooms and temperatures dropping to riddiculous levels because it is not safe to leave a parafin heater burning over night.
Rosie is good at making plastic pretties! Did you now that if you put your Duplo brick down on the top of a parafin heater it changes shape....it drips and twists and forms really pretty brittle ribbons of coloured plastic....it makes Mummy shout and grumble too! It also means you need to turn off the heater whilst it cools enough for Mummy or Daddy to get the preties off but they wont lt you have your brick back and then you spend a lot of time coming bck to the heater to find it and Mummy has to spoil it by draggin you away teling you not to touch it's hot!
Back to getting up, generally I go down stairs and turn on the heater outside Jonathan's room, and flick his light on, procede to the Kitchen and put the kettle on and make coffee...usually by the time we go back pass Jonathan's room with our coffee he is sorting his clothes ready to go for a wash...this morning he had turne out the light and pulled the blankets back over his head!
Thankfully the temptaion of Christmas dinner at school pesuaded him out of bed!
A very pale and tired looking Christina appeared next...apparantly she had woken herself up coughing! This cough has now been ongoing since mid October and disturbs her sleep nightly, she has had two lots of antibiotic and some nos drops but still it goes on. She refuses to give in to it though and has not missed a days school. Today is Christmas party day for her and Joshua too.
Somehow by 8.30 Jonathan has been collected and Joshua Christina and Eve are ready to set off. Rosie wakes at this point and demands yighurt for breakfast and so I leave her and David to it and take the others to school. 20minutes later as I arrive back home Rosie is sat on David's lap but only having eaten a third of the yoghurt...another 20 minuts before she has finished and we collapse together rosie and I on the sofa with the favourite book of the moment..Rumplestiltskin. I think it was around the end of the third read through that I felt my eyelids drooping and slipped into blissful sleep...until the shill ring of the telephone woke me.
Rosie will be 16 in May and the lady from the dwp wants to come and see if we are correct in stating she cannot manage her own financial affairs. Originally the appointment was for this afternoon but she has finished her morning calls and is less than 20 minutes away so can she come now! Of course, may as well get it over and done with. David went off to collect Eve from nursery and I make the lounge a little less messy.
The whole thing took us about 10 minutes...and she was away leving us with the forms to say can manage the financial situation!
Eve settled dow on the sofa and fell asleep, david went back to the woodwork he was finishing in Christina's room and Rosie decided that now was the time to catch up on all that food she had missed being ill.
in the course of the day Rosie has eaten 5 yoghurts, a banana, half a box of gluten free tomato and basil crackers, a lump of cheese, two roast potatoes and two sweet potatoe roasts, a scoop of mixed veg and gravy, a little more cheese, two gluten free digestive biscuits and a chocolate wafer! I am seriously hoping she is well enough to go back to school tomorrow!
I still have all the presents to wrap, still have some to buy, need to get round to posting a cheque off for the school fees..we pay for children in The Gambia to go to school instead of sending Christmas Cards, and also sponsor a child each for our nephews and neices rather than buy useless gifts, the money we would spend on them does far more good for the children in Gambia and our Nephews and nieces have photos to see a different view on life.
I do feel as if I have been terrbly lazy today, I have to ge on wih the tasks in hand tomorrow the children break up from school on Thursday and then there will be no chance!
I do not know what the future holds but I'm glad I know who holds the future!
Tina
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment