I hate having to miss Church...the kids hate missing Church....but when you have a child sick in hopsital what do you do? Well if it's this family you end up chasing your tails all morning making sure everyone is up washed and dressed...you try not to fall out over choice of clothes, you try desperately hard not to get stressed because there is so little free space on surfaces/tables/chairs. You remember as the kettle boils that you still have no coffee and try desperately hard to scrape enough butter out the tub to make Jonathan's ham sandwich.
Ring the ward to let them know you really are intending to be up at the ward before lunch time but actually getting out of the house this morning is proving a tad more dificult than it should. Why do little children feel a need to foully fill their nappy just as you think you are ready to load the car? Why is it that whilst you are very much occupied with said foul nappy that other members of your family decide right now it is imperative they have your full attention ? And am I the only mother in the world that finds there was only two wet wipes left in the pack just as everyone else has moved out of earshot and at that exact moment foul nappied child realises they had not quite finished???? ARGHHHH
Well we did make it to the hospital before lunch only to find Rosie had once again fallen aleep just before we got there! kids all disperesed to play areas and David and I discover we have half an hour undistrubed time together for the first time in almost two weeks! Amazing how you can find a silver lining in any cloud!
Rosie is a little better, she has managed to find her way to play room a couple of times chosen new books and then collapsed back into bed and placed our hand on her back and leg before sleeping again.
Now I love cooking, enjoy preparing a nice meal but it was a really nice idea to have lunch in the hospital restaurant! Roast Chicken, yorkshire pud and lots of veg and roast potatoes! they really know how to feed a tired hungry family in this hospital! blackbery and apple crumble and custard for desert and we were all ready for the snooze room!!! Shame they dont have one of those too!
We are really hoping that Rosie will be well enough to come home tomorrow...she really is not right but deffinitely not as poorly as she was Thursday and Friday so are desperately hoping she improves further by tomorrow.
Our Pastor and his wife have kindly said they will visit Rosie this evening. I find it very hard not to be able to have someone stay with her 24/7 but in order to keep the whole family safe it just is not sensible. The staff have on the whole been very good, I get frustrated with their lack of understanding and some of the statements they make are annoying but on the whole I do think they care and they all think Rosie is lovely which is nice! I wonder if she will have changed their minds by the time she comes home...she has shown some of her aggressive streak today and two nurses have met with her pinchy fingers! She is also starting to fiddle with her PEG too and yesterday had several staff totally frustrated by pulling the end off time and again! Now that's more like my girl!!!
Hugs
I do not know what the future holds but I'm glad I know who holds the future!
Tina
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




2 comments:
Now that's starting to sound like our Rosie again! Hurry up and get better Rosie.
Tia
Glad to hear that Rosie is feeling a little better. Hope she can come home soon!
Post a Comment