Friday, 14 December 2007

So now it's Friday!

Rosie was first unwell on Tuesday 4th December...it is now Friday 14th December Rosie has been unwell for 12 days and is still in hospital with a temp spiking at 41 tonight!

It is so disempowering sitting by your child's bed unable to do anything to help her. Mind boggling to have a Staff nurse look at your child staring into space unresponsive and say:- "what are you looking at young lady?" When I respond "she is fitting" the nurse explains that fitting is when their arms and legs jerk like this....gives a demonstration.... if Rosie has fits that are not like other childrens then we wouldn't recognise them!

A doctor had prevously commented that Rosie looked well enough in herself...uuuum no! My Rosie is usually running through life with total energy and rarely pausing to draw breath...not laid lethargically against her Dads sholder with barely the energy to draw breath!

So what happens now? I had thought she was a bit better as her temperature had not spiked from 6 am until I left the ward at 1.30pm but David went up afer collecting the children from school and her temperature was 41! She was a little bit better in herself and had managed to get out of bed and play for a while...but why is her temperature not settling? She had a chest X ray this morning that showed some changes in her lower left base, the consultant decided to change her antibiotics, but her throat swab and urine came back clear. We still have no idea what is going on with our girl!

I complain about how hard work she is when she is in full throw...often managing to keep going for 21 hours out of 24 and wearing us to a frazzle in the process...but when she is like thi,s so sad and so quiet I dont like it at all!

The rest of life in our house? Joshua decided to stay at home with me and Jonathan and Eve
whilst David and Christina went up to the hospital, he was such a help...he prepared the vegetables and chose from the freezer a chicken pie...made the discovery that we were out of potatoes but managed to find some frozen roast poatoes in the freezer. He also emptied and restacked the dishwasher and amused Eve for a while.

I think everyone is now settled for the night, Jonathan is watching his TV and Joshua, I believe, is watching a DVD. Eve has fallen asleep on the sofa...not sure whether to leave her their or try to put her into bed...Christina was asleep before she was properly into bed I think...poor kid really struggles if she has a couple of late nights in a week.

Well, today started on a prayer request from a friend in need out in South Africa...then in the middle of the day another friend arrived on the ward with her tiny prem baby...he has probably got bronchiolitis was very very poorly and needed intubating and ventilating on the ward...it was awful being so near and unable to offer anything but my prayers...this friend is not a Christian and was therefore unaware that I was doing everything I could for her. I have prayed for them ever since and recently got a text from her to say that they were waiting to be transferred to Leicester about 2 hours from here.....a long way from home especially when you have other children at home and she has many.

My prayer life has been stirred up amazingly recently. Close friends in need of much prayer I am not sure if any of them realise how their circumstances have brought me into a closer walk with My Lord.
Yet how is it possible to be walking in a life of prayer and supplication and yet unable to formulate the words into prayer for my own need? I so love the verse in Romans 8 v 26
When we do not know what to pray for, the Spirit himself intercedes for us with groanings that cannot be uttered.
You know although at times life throws stuff at me that makes me feel really down and despondant...I have never been unable to believe and grip firmly to the certain knowledge that God only wants good for me and no matter what or how or why, I can trust Him...it doesn;t depend on my strength, or my faith it all rests on His perfection and He can make even my tears into something that reflects glory back to Him.

I do not know what the future holds, but I am glad I know who holds the future!

No comments: