Wednesday, 26 December 2007

Tomorrow we need dry weather!

Rosie has been much better today. Unfortunately, that means she is once again needing constant unrelenting attention having seemingly totally lost the ability to amuse herself..unless it is with food! Today we have had to be actually in physical contact with her constantly or she has been raiding the cupboards and fridge! The girl has totally exhausted me today! still very wobbly on her feet and wanting Mummy cuddles, unfortunately although I love her dearly and having big cuddles is really nice, when all she wants is Mummy all day it gets VERY wearing!

Of course the other downside of needing to be permanently attatched to Rosie is that I have nothing left to give anyone else. Eve is so good, she has spent a lot of time watching TV in her chair today, I smooth my conscience inthe knowledge that at least her back is in a good position when she is sat in that chair. She also vocalises a lot and extends her vocabulary with phrases from Winnie the Pooh and Lazy town. Come back Pooh! Tigger top bouncing! OOOOH NO!

She tries so hard to sing along to the Lazy Town theme with Christina...sweet really but maybe we should be working on more useful communication! Tewwy ON! is really not the best phrase for the speech therapist to be greeted with is it?

Actually I was rather glad that Eve was in good form today as sh wa awak misrable and hot from 2 am till 4.30 this morning, eventually a dose of medised settled her back to sleep and I was able to crawl back into bed for a couple more hours. I really do need to speak to the hospice about some respite sleep is much needed commodty here!

Joshua and Christina have spent a considerable amount of time with the PS2 again today. Both have helped to amuse eve for a while and they did do the animals feed and Christina helped to clean Fluffy, (her rabbit). unfortunately Rosie's demanding nature meant I managed to forget the intention to clean the guinea pig and Chinchillas, strangley noone reminded me! A job for first thing before the chinchillas go to sleep I think! It is quite amazing how much mess two smal animal can make! how do they manage to sen droppings so far from the perimeter of the cage?

Mogwi the Guinea Pig is a sweeheart, he likes to come down stairs and sit on one of our sholders...he likes to hide under my hair, sadly David doesn't have enough so he entertains himself by chewing his ear! (Mogwi chews David's ear not the other way round)! The rabbit and he chinchillas always end up under the settee which makes catching them too hard! They are their own worst enemies a they dont get to run so often because of that!

Well i think we really need some fresh air tomorrow! So alll being well we will hit the sales, not necessarily to buy but to lok and breathe and keep Rosie happy!

I do not know what the future holds, but I am glad I know who holds the future.

No comments: