Tuesday, 25 December 2007

Happy Christmas.

Happy Christmas! yes it is good to celebrate our Lord's birth. Twice in the last few days I have sung carols about Jesus, lying in a manger, one said "soft the hay"...today I was helping the children feed the animals and I laid the back of my hand in the hay....I have to say it was not particularl soft....I thought back to when my two home grown children were born, both early, both by emergency ceasearean, all the technology of modern maternity care. christina was in Special care for a while. I cannot imagine having to lay them in an animal's manger. Mary and Joseph exhausted from traveling and then being thrust into theconfusion of child birth without the support of a midwife. It is easy to sing the lovely words of the carols, even seeing the enormity of what God was doing for us, but not really grasp the poverty, fear and danger that the "little Lord Jesus" was actually born into.

God sent His only son to be born in a manger, threatened with murder by Heorod at his birth, and to die on the Cross....why? Because God loves me...not because I am a Christian and believe in Him and love Him...no He loved me while I was still a sinnerlost and filthy in sin, and yet He gave of the best He had to give.....not just as a sweet baby but as my saviour dying for me!

What love is this?

Christmas Day was different for us today! We woke with a member missing....our main concern was to be up dressed and on our way to the hospital. the chidlren opened one present each before we left and then we headed up to see Rosie on children's ward.
Thankfully Rosie had had no more Seizures since e left last night and was eating again. She had a smile for us before covering herself back in the Duvet! Father Christmas had lef her a huge teddy in the night, but Rosie was not having any of that! "Get that thing off my bed!" Rose has no speech but communicates very well!
we had brought her main present up with us, an ineractive parrot...he was given the same level of disregard!

The peadiatrician came in to see us and agreed that as Rosie had had no further seizures and was now on an increased dose of Anti Epileptic drugs she could come home.

So our day started proper about 11 am and the presents were opened and the sort of orderly room was in disarray quite quickly!
Everyone was happy and Joshua and Christina were barely seen again apart from dinner time. We usually eat Christmas dinner on christmas Eve but due to our hospital run we only managed turkey sandwhiches last night, the rest ws cooked today and we ate at lunch time!

All is quiet here asleep peacfully.
long may it last.
I am hoping we are heading into a healthy period now!
I am hoping to wake before them tomorrow morning and manage a bath! your prayers will be appreciated!

I do not know what the future holds, but I am glad I know who holds the future!

No comments: