Yesterday...even before I had sussed it wasn't Saturday, The girls and I went shopping, there were some last minute things to buy, veg,fruit, party type foods and of course bread and milk.
I like the town in the neighbouring county where they have a market on Thursday and Saturday, today was of course Friday but I had thought it was Saturday and the myth was perpetuatd by the presence of the Market! Wonderful local grown veg and fruit to make me feel good! Once finished on the market I headed to the bank and paid the credit card off then headed to Asda. Of course the car park was heaving and the need to get two wheelchairs out the car meant I had to have a disabled space so I sat by the disabled section to await the next space...sudenly a knock on my window jolted me from my thoughts and there was THE MAN IN YELLOW! Car park attendants are capable of striking terror in my heart...however this wonderful man guided me into the front of the taxi bay right outside the door, then fetched his younger/stronger colleague to assist me getting the girls out of the car, assured me that he would fend off anyone who objected and told me to shout him when I came back!
Once in the store we were assisted at every turn, Christina pushing Eve and me Rosie and a trolley, someone directed us to the gluten free, the lady on the fish counter took the time to explain to me how the cook in bag worked and een checked the correct cooking time and temperature for me. several staff members and other customers picked up the items that Rosie threw from the trolley, And once we got to the till the packer amused Rosie whilst I packed which was far more help and he recognised that! Then having now two trolleys and two girls to get to the car, the till operator was relieved for her lunch and instead pushed one of the trolleys back to the car and went in sarch of the car park attendant to help me load back up! Shopping on the Saturday before Christmas has never been so nice!
(OK so it wasn't Saturday but at that time I still thought it was!)
I do not know what the future holds, but I am glad I know who holds the future!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment